DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long time lurker, finally made an account.

ChrisOutdoors

Reactions
Been scanning these forums for about a year now to get answers for my Mavic Pro Platinum (MVPP), I find this UAS community to be the best in terms of knowledge, respect, and admin. After reading through the mods topics I decided it was time to tweak my MVPP; I'm looking to gain more location precision by turning on the Galileo receiver and boosting the signal from .4W to 1.5W. Unlocking the NFZ restrictions is a bonus but I've never dealt with it, I'm almost always in remote locations.

I primarily use my drone as a tool to support my other 3 hobbies of hunting, fishing and photography/videography. For hunting I use it extensively to film/photograph wildlife and gain valuable information on their habits (where they like to hang out, what they're eating, etc). I've even used it to find dead deer/hogs that ran into thick weeds/grass/swamps that would have been impossible to find or required tracking dogs. Related to hunting; I've also become quite proficient at making orthomosaics (think google satellites) of public hunting areas ranging from 200-2000 acres. Having my own custom, highly detailed satellite maps has been a game changer for finding good hunting spots. For fishing I've used it extensively offshore in the Atlantic Ocean; it's a great tool for finding schools of fish, birds, weed lines, color changes, etc. Having a UAS in the outdoors has been a phenomenal way to find wildlife, observe them and learn something new about them, all without disturbing them.

If there's any interest in the following, I'd be glad to develop a tutorial for the folks in this community. My way to show gratitude and give back.

• A definitive guide on how to create 2d/3d orthomosaics. What apps to use, planning, required settings while taking the photos, processing the data, hosting it online for easy access; etc.
  • How to safely and effectively launch and recover a UAS from a boat and the gear you'll need. (Sounds easy until you try it in a moving body of water like the Gulf Stream)
  • How to take super resolution photos with the UAS and post processing required.
  • How to take super resolution panoramas.
If you see me post anything that makes you go "Hey how do you do that" let me know and I'll put it on a TODO.

Oh yeah, and to wrap it up: In my 30s, live in the USA, married w/kid & 100lbs dog, love the outdoors!

-Chris

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: ChrisOutdoors
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: ChrisOutdoors
Been scanning these forums for about a year now to get answers for my Mavic Pro Platinum (MVPP), I find this UAS community to be the best in terms of knowledge, respect, and admin. After reading through the mods topics I decided it was time to tweak my MVPP; I'm looking to gain more location precision by turning on the Galileo receiver and boosting the signal from .4W to 1.5W. Unlocking the NFZ restrictions is a bonus but I've never dealt with it, I'm almost always in remote locations.

I primarily use my drone as a tool to support my other 3 hobbies of hunting, fishing and photography/videography. For hunting I use it extensively to film/photograph wildlife and gain valuable information on their habits (where they like to hang out, what they're eating, etc). I've even used it to find dead deer/hogs that ran into thick weeds/grass/swamps that would have been impossible to find or required tracking dogs. Related to hunting; I've also become quite proficient at making orthomosaics (think google satellites) of public hunting areas ranging from 200-2000 acres. Having my own custom, highly detailed satellite maps has been a game changer for finding good hunting spots. For fishing I've used it extensively offshore in the Atlantic Ocean; it's a great tool for finding schools of fish, birds, weed lines, color changes, etc. Having a UAS in the outdoors has been a phenomenal way to find wildlife, observe them and learn something new about them, all without disturbing them.

If there's any interest in the following, I'd be glad to develop a tutorial for the folks in this community. My way to show gratitude and give back.

• A definitive guide on how to create 2d/3d orthomosaics. What apps to use, planning, required settings while taking the photos, processing the data, hosting it online for easy access; etc.
  • How to safely and effectively launch and recover a UAS from a boat and the gear you'll need. (Sounds easy until you try it in a moving body of water like the Gulf Stream)
  • How to take super resolution photos with the UAS and post processing required.
  • How to take super resolution panoramas.
If you see me post anything that makes you go "Hey how do you do that" let me know and I'll put it on a TODO.

Oh yeah, and to wrap it up: In my 30s, live in the USA, married w/kid & 100lbs dog, love the outdoors!

-Chris
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun! Good to finally meet you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spiekarski