DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Longest Covered Bridge, revisited...briefly!

Hertzdonut

Reactions
I managed to grab some time to get back to the Cornish-Windsor covered bridge, though my time was limited. Hence, this is a short video coming in at 1:28. Regarding the video, as always, there are things I would do differently, different angles or approaches...but that's the way we roll. Always want to do better. Oh, the res is 1920 x 1080.

And I'm still not done with this self-assigned project yet...! ;)

- Jeff

Last edited:
The ending is absolutely superb.
Thanks for the kind words, MS Coast!

Actually the length of the video is fine....the background music ...perfect...great video Thumbswayup...found this on the bridge if any one is interested
Thank you so much, Mark, I appreciate it! Living close by, I tend to forget that the bridge is a popular tourist attraction. Until yesterday, when I was flying the drone. People like to park and get out, grab some shots with their phones. I didn't want to be a annoyance to anybody , so I would shoot my MA2 up to get it out of their field of view. Hopefully.

Reactions: Steevo
Walk your horses or a $2 fine, lol.
Those cowboys :confused: ;)

Nice revisit, very different perspectives, shorter clips, nice dissolve transitions.
And the length is perfect for such a video, could go to 2 mins if you wanted, but no more for one such feature.

Can you still walk through ok ?
I guess so, but seeing the inside of it last post, I didn't see any special footpath separating pedestrians and vehicles.

Thanks, Mavic_South_Oz! I also agree the length is good. There's only so much to show before it gets boring in a hurry!

You bring up an interesting point about a pedestrian walkway (you're right, there is none)...and the funny thing is, I don't ever recall talk about adding one. And crossing the bridge on foot is asking for trouble. No laws against it, but generally speaking, people just don't do it., certainly not on a regular basis.

I'm still entertaining the possibility about shooting the interior, but that would require some strategic and careful planning. Additional bodies for spotters, shooting very early in the morning, that kind of thing.

although i,m a union carpenter you certainly don,t have to be one to appreciate the craftsmanship the people used building that bridge some fine lines

although i,m a union carpenter you certainly don,t have to be one to appreciate the craftsmanship the people used building that bridge some fine lines
Yeah, I can’t imagine the challenges and logistics they had to deal with back then! Incredible craftsmanship, indeed. ?

Lovely footage William! I look forward to shooting in winter. Curious to see how cold temps affect my flight time.
Thanks. Check out my Drone Video playlists from the last three years on YouTube to see tons of stuff from around this area. The downtown Claremont video might be of particular interest.

Regarding cold: early 2020 we had an uncontrolled flyaway in Windsor due to very low temps. Anything above 20 degrees seems fine however.

Thanks. Check out my Drone Video playlists from the last three years on YouTube to see tons of stuff from around this area. The downtown Claremont video might be of particular interest.

Regarding cold: early 2020 we had an uncontrolled flyaway in Windsor due to very low temps. Anything above 20 degrees seems fine however.
Thanks, I'll check those out!

Your uncontrolled flyaway...if you don't mind my asking, what happened? I'm new to drones, always looking to learn.

- Jeff

Thanks, I'll check those out!

Your uncontrolled flyaway...if you don't mind my asking, what happened? I'm new to drones, always looking to learn.

- Jeff
We should probably have a coffee sometime. I live in Plainfield, NH.

Full disclosure: I've crashed many drones over the last five years. Most were minor, i.e., hitting a thin branch while not very high. Some were major, resulting in destroyed aircraft. In those cases I was lucky enough to recover the aircraft and use DJI Care Refresh to get a replacement in all but one case. Of all those crashes I've had only one incident that was not pilot error. That occurred in February 2020 with a Mavic Mini. It was around 15F and after hovering at 8' for about 60 seconds (setting the home point, looking at satellites, remote signal, battery voltage, etc.) I started to climb straight up. At about 30' the aircraft suddenly began to fly full speed to the right (9 o'clock). There were trees and power lines all around so I continued to climb at full speed. Telemetry showed that there was no input to the right stick at all up to that point. As the aircraft got about 100m away I began to turn so that it was moving in a large oval course back toward me. I tapped the right stick several times in all directions but the aircraft continued full right. I then realized my only option was to continue turning as tightly as possible and to descend and hopefully have a controlled crash nearby. Unfortunately the aircraft struck trees and crashed to the ground from about 50'. DJI determined it was not pilot error so they gave me a replacement without using my Care Refresh, i.e., no out-of-pocket cost to me.

So there you have it.

Interesting, William! Thanks for sharing your circumstances. I can only imagine my panic at getting no response from stick input. Probably my first thought would’ve been, “What am I doing wrong!?!” ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom