Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for accessories

I ordered my Mavic 2 Pro yesterday and am frantically looking

Here's what's still on my wishlist:

1. Landing skids with flotation
2. ND filters
3. Lanyard for controller & Nexus 9 tablet

The skids with flotation is VERY important because I live in Florida on a lake.

The ND filters are obviously important because this is the sunshine state. They were shown on the DJI website, but unavailable right now.

I just ordered a Nexus 9 tablet for the controller because DJI tech support told me it is one of the recommended devices. (I'll attach the list to this post)

I hope the Nexus 9 will fit in the arms at the bottom of the controller, else I'm going to have to find someone to offer some sort of additional mounting contraption... (Any advice based upon anyone's experience would be appropriated...)

Also, given that this is my first drone, I plan to fly with my wife, so I ordered the drone bundled with their racing edition goggles for her to follow along as I'm focused on the flight controls.

Does anyone see any problems with this setup or the way I'm approaching this?

I'm a former Naval Flight Officer, but this is my first drone, so I'm a FNG again...LOL

View attachment 44193View attachment 44194

I ordered my Mavic 2 Pro yesterday and am frantically looking for a few accessories.

Here's what's still on my wishlist:

1. Landing skids with flotation
2. ND filters
3. Lanyard for controller & Nexus 9 tablet

The skids with flotation is VERY important because I live in Florida on a lake.

The ND filters are obviously important because this is the sunshine state. They were shown on the DJI website, but unavailable right now.

I just ordered a Nexus 9 tablet for the controller because DJI tech support told me it is one of the recommended devices. (I'll attach the list to this post)

I hope the Nexus 9 will fit in the arms at the bottom of the controller, else I'm going to have to find someone to offer some sort of additional mounting contraption... (Any advice based upon anyone's experience would be appropriated...)

Also, given that this is my first drone, I plan to fly with my wife, so I ordered the drone bundled with their racing edition goggles for her to follow along as I'm focused on the flight controls.

Does anyone see any problems with this setup or the way I'm approaching this?

I'm a former Naval Flight Officer, but this is my first drone, so I'm a FNG again...LOL

View attachment 44193View attachment 44194

Flying with your wife I indeed see as a potential hazard!

Since the MP2 Pro F-stops down to f11, I would expect that ND filters would not be necessary. I'd certainly try it first and maybe save the money. Hopefully you only need them for the MP2 Zoom.

It gets pretty soft at f11, too soft for my tastes.

This will be nice for those of us that want to keep the drone off the ground during launch and landing.

And fantastic for reducing battery life, stability, ability to hand wind and position leeping

I live on and around lots of water, so I'm looking forward to trying my hand at water landings and takeoffs while filming.

And the prop wash will blow water in through the vents killing it regardless.

Floaty-things are probably the most useless and most detrimental "accessories" around.

I have found that even with very short grass or slightly uneven ground the camera will not fully initialize. It gets hung up on the ground surface. Leg extensions will be a must!

Or just balance it on the bag with camera sticking over the edge until done. Or hold it in hand until done.
Legs extensions are far from a must.

Since the MP2 Pro F-stops down to f11, I would expect that ND filters would not be necessary. I'd certainly try it first and maybe save the money. Hopefully you only need them for the MP2 Zoom.

Diffraction is going to start to kick in about f/8 or so due to the small sensor. You will however need far FEWER NDs. You can do 3 stops with the aperture acceptably.

So get a single 3 stop ND and you're good to go.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
This set will available on Sep 6

61ulcBx9K4L._SL1500_.jpg

may want to hold off on filters until they are fully released and reviewed.. it took a while before anyone got it right on the MP as they either didnt fit correctly (too tight or too lose) or were to heavy and stopped the camera initialising etc and had to be fitted after power up which was just silly.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Here's a video of the skids that are being redesigned to fit our M2Ps and M2Zs.

I don't understand why they don't shape the pontoons to make them a bit more streamline?..... those things are about as aerodynamic as a house brick..... for $80 I don't expect to have to take a knife to it when it arrives!

I don't understand why they don't shape the pontoons to make them a bit more streamline?..... those things are about as aerodynamic as a house brick..... for $80 I don't expect to have to take a knife to it when it arrives!
I love to modify things, so I would use the skids to mount JATO rockets if I had them laying around. :)

Reactions: V2Rotate

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitkat