DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for advice on this bundle.

Phanes

Reactions
So I have been going back and forth on buying new and used. I am thinking about going all new and need some advice. I am considering purchasing the following.

1. Mavic Pro from amazon dji store
2. DJI goggles from amazon dji store
3. One spare battery from amazon dji store
4. Heli pad from amazon but not from their store but I will look for an authorized dji dealer. I plan on doing a lot of take offs in grass etc.
5. Care refresh from dji
6. Multi hub charger from amazon dji store
7. crystalsky 5.5 from amazon but not from their store but I will look for an authorized dji dealer
8. remote control protector from amazon but not from their store but I will look for an authorized dji dealer

I think I need the following

1. crystalsky power cable I have no idea what or where to get it
2. A carrying case that will carry the MP, CS, and goggles. I have no idea what to get or where to get it.
3. A bracket for the CS I would prefer the one that goes behind the controller and not on top of it. I have no idea what to get or where to get it.
4. A lanyard for the controller. I have no idea what to get or where to get it.

Did I miss anything? Do you guys have suggestions on what to get and where to get it?

I know there are some people selling bundles pretty close to this that would probably save me about $500 or so but I am nervous about buying used. I like the idea of having the warranty and refresh plan. I did RC cars for almost 10 years and the two times I bought used, even with all my experience, I got burned. The guys I have spoken to on the forums about buying used seemed like straight shooters but I am still a little nervous to pull the trigger on a used drone.

I know there is some back and forth on the iPad vs CS but I prefer having dedicated equipment. I thought about going with the ultra high larger CS but I have read by many people they feel it is too big for the mavic controller. I would prefer the 2000 nit larger one so input on this would be great as well.

Thanks again for you help and advice.

Hi Phanes, I don't know if you're in the US, but if so take a look at Costco's still available US$1299 Mavic Pro Platinum / Goggles bundle. I wrote a detailed cost comparison on here, comparing to the DJI Fly More combo: Initial impressions: Costco US$1299 MPP+goggles
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/initial-impressions-costco-us-1299-mpp-goggles.41437/
It doesn't get you CrystalSky, but in addition to the favorable price, Costco offers 90-day satisfaction guarantee, no questions asked return/exchange (which I've already made use of once on my first purchase).

As you can read in that other thread, I also strongly prefer personal article protection insurance (in my case, State Farm for $39 annual premium) to DJI Care Refresh, since the latter does not cover loss or theft.

Additionally, in past two months of flying, I've had all positive experience with Powerextra batteries ($118 for two) and $17 Rcharlance charging hub purchased on Amazon.

You will also need:
• ND filters (and cleaning kit) for smooth video
• One more battery for three total
• Extra complete set of props (optional)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy