DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for best method to watch M4P footage on 4k tv

InAz

Reactions
Can someone recommend a best method to view drone footage on a 4k tv? Dji states that you can use thr RC2 controller but it hasn't been tested and may fail.
Are there any better ways to view footage on 4k TV or would I be stuck using my computer? I only have a tablet as other media & no usb port.

Last edited:
Can someone recommend a best method to view drone footage on a 4k tv? Dji states that you can use thr RC2 controller but it hasn't been tested and may fail.
Are there any better ways to view footage on 4k TV or would I be stuck using my computer? I only have a tablet as other media & no usb port.
If you would like to come completely up to speed, you should explore something like Plex but that would depend on your TV and other equipment. I don't know what these TVs are capable of standalone these days (i.e. the ports) but if it's not streaming, you probably should think about making the leap.

If you would like to come completely up to speed, you should explore something like Plex but that would depend on your TV and other equipment. I don't know what these TVs are capable of standalone these days (i.e. the ports) but if it's not streaming, you probably should think about making the leap.
Tv's 2 yrs old, Samsung 70q, which was almost top of line then. 2 usb, 4 hdmi. So the rc2 conteoller cable won't work?
I'll review plex, as well. Isn't that a tv app?

Most 4K tvs have a usb port. Plug your card in there and use the built-in media viewer. You may need an adapter.

There are so many, I'm trying to see what you think works better than others
USB card readers are very basic.
All you need is one that works.
These ones work just fine and aren't expensive at all.

i-LHSQdpp-M.jpg

Like this one?
No ... that's for full-sized SD cards.
You would need one that accepts micro-SD cards like the one in post #7.
Or you could copy the file to a USB thumb drive and play it from there.

No ... that's for full-sized SD cards.
You would need one that accepts micro-SD cards like the one in post #7.
Or you could copy the file to a USB thumb drive and play it from there.
Anyone with a microSD card should have at least one full-size SD card adapter like this:

Anyone with a microSD card should have at least one full-size SD card adapter like this:

Or drawer full of them since some card makers include them with every card (thanks Samsung!).

Another method I don't think has been mentioned is to upload the footage to YouTube (assuming you have a smart TV to watch with).

I connect the SD card to my iPad or iPhone, then use screen mirroring to my Samsung TV.
Easy, works great !

It’s the same as watching a movie. I have a NAS (QNAP, Synology) with videos on it, you can stream any vid file from it using an Apple TV using 3rd party apps like file explorer

Last edited:
Yet another way is to upload to YouTube from your PC. Copy the URL link, email it to yourself, open it on your phone, then cast it to your TV. Works great for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas