DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for Flight Control software for SAR

FireFlyer451

Reactions
Good afternoon,

Yes, I am looking for some up-to-date flight control software that does the following, to be used for SAR missions:

1. create and fly a defined pattern, like a grid over an area
2. able to orient the camera down 45 degrees (adjustable angles), instead of only straight down
3. displays the GPS position on screen during entire flight
4. able to record video, not photos.
5. supports Mavic 1, Mavic 2 pro zoom
6. capable of multi-battery flight

We were using Autopilot at my department and it did indeed do these things. But it has long been abandoned and we need to move forward. All of the software found so far is geared towards orthomosaics and or 3D modeling. Which means photos taken looking directly down.

Appreciate any suggestions, thank you
Mike

Perhaps Litchi or Maven would do what you're looking for?

Thanks so far. Sar104, does your software create flight plans/patterns/grids? Reading the topic it look like it is used for log analysis.

We do use Litchi as our main flight control software. We start that up after going through the normal DJI startup checks.

However, Litchi does not build grid flights, nor multi-battery. I may look at Maven. Reading about Hammer Missions, that seems promising but alas the price is pretty expensive. Not complaining, just dealing with the budget.

Thanks

Thanks so far. Sar104, does your software create flight plans/patterns/grids? Reading the topic it look like it is used for log analysis.

We do use Litchi as our main flight control software. We start that up after going through the normal DJI startup checks.

However, Litchi does not build grid flights, nor multi-battery. I may look at Maven. Reading about Hammer Missions, that seems promising but alas the price is pretty expensive. Not complaining, just dealing with the budget.

Thanks
The code in question creates grids of arbitrary starting point, area, orientation, spacing (or overlap), height AGL, speed and either photo frequency or video. It is unrelated to the log analysis methods that you may have read about if you followed the link in my signature line, although it does run on the same software platform.

DJI Pilot has a version for the M2's but not sure if it would work for the MP.
Thjnk it is the Pilot PE but not sure, been a while since I had it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada