DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing connection to iPhone 6 iOS 11.0.3

oldcelt

Reactions
The remote keeps disconnecting from my iPhone 6. I'm using the supplied lightning connector and the whole system has had little use.

Any suggestions please?

The remote keeps disconnecting from my iPhone 6. I'm using the supplied lightning connector and the whole system has had little use.

Any suggestions please?
I have read of this issue before with the cable coming loose, have you tried running a cable from the bottom usb port to your phone? (make sure the side cable is disconnected when you do this.)

I have read of this issue before with the cable coming loose, have you tried running a cable from the bottom usb port to your phone? (make sure the side cable is disconnected when you do this.)
Thanks. Yes, I've tried using the USB connection which works fine with my iPad but will not connect the iPhone at all.

Thanks. Yes, I've tried using the USB connection which works fine with my iPad but will not connect the iPhone at all.
Do a search for iPhone or iOS disconnect, there have been a couple dozen threads on this in the past two weeks or so. I think I also read that 11.1.X is more stable (I am not an apple person)

Do a search for iPhone or iOS disconnect, there have been a couple dozen threads on this in the past two weeks or so. I think I also read that 11.1.X is more stable (I am not an apple person)
I believe 11.0.3 is the latest iOS. At least that’s what my devices tell me.
I’ll have a look for other posts relevant to the issue.
Thanks!

Do a search for iPhone or iOS disconnect, there have been a couple dozen threads on this in the past two weeks or so.
I believe 11.0.3 is the latest iOS. At least that’s what my devices tell me.
I’ll have a look for other posts relevant to the issue.
Thanks!
I think there is a "beta" version of iOS that people state is eliminating the issues.

Bunny, since you are not an apple person, do NOT use a beta version of the iOS. stay with the proven version which is 11.0.3. I also have an iPhone 6 and never have had a problem with it disconnecting with the RC. So it probably is a cable or plug problem.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Bunny, since you are not an apple person, do NOT use a beta version of the iOS. stay with the proven version which is 11.0.3. I also have an iPhone 6 and never have had a problem with it disconnecting with the RC. So it probably is a cable or plug problem.

Thanks for the comments - sorry for my reply to Bunny which should have had a smiley at the end - disappeared for some reason!

Yes, I agree, the lightning cable/socket design is disastrous - totally unreliable. Apple will eliminate any posts in their forum which criticises - not good customer relations in my opinion. They don't want to admit they've made a serious design error.

For Mavic pilots it could be very, very expensive when this awfully unreliable connection leaves your £1000 drone lost in the wilderness (Yes, really £1000 in the UK - only $1000 in the US - also a disgrace!).

One day, we may get reasonable equivalence between US/UK prices though I doubt it.

The important factor, of course, is the risk we Mavic owners run when using this dreadfully unreliable lightning connector. And, keeping things in perspective, I've found the lightning system just as useless in reliability terms for all types of connection - iPhone; iPad and iPad Mini. I have £50 worth of so-called lightning cables (allegedly Apple) which are totally useless.

What is the answer? Should DJI find a different way of controlling their drones? Why not eliminate third party hardware and make the remote completely functional? I'd be happy to accommodate a slightly lager remote. Surely it's not a big step from where the remote is already? What a great step forward that would be.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM