DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lost 2 drones

Jasondronemaster

Reactions
I'm wondering if it is possible to I copy the drone path from the flight history and tell another drone to follow that and if so how to toot how to do It, I have ADJI mavick platinum pro that somehow disconnected in never came back and then I got ADJI Phantom 3 that Crashed into some trees in the same area , I was wanting to use one drone to help me to identify where the 1st drone went because they GPS Coordinates using the find my drone option flickers all over the place and I can never tell where exactly to look I want to look down from above and its on on a hillside and very very brushy to boot...

It would be better (and easier) to guesstimate the location using the data from your flight log. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

I'm wondering if it is possible to I copy the drone path from the flight history and tell another drone to follow that and if so how to toot how to do It, I have ADJI mavick platinum pro that somehow disconnected in never came back and then I got ADJI Phantom 3 that Crashed into some trees in the same area , I was wanting to use one drone to help me to identify where the 1st drone went because they GPS Coordinates using the find my drone option flickers all over the place and I can never tell where exactly to look I want to look down from above and its on on a hillside and very very brushy to boot...
Sounds like it’s time to invest in a Marco Polo system. You could narrow the search area dramatically next time.

As @msinger mentioned, the flight logs would give you a better chance of finding it. Trying to spot a MPP with another drone on a "very, very, brushy" hillside would be very difficult . . . unless it had some sort of brightly colored wrap and was perched on top of the brush instead of fallen down under it. Even then it would be like a needle in a haystack.

Reactions: hactick and Wyojet
Good luck, I'd be investing in a Marco Polo tracker before buying n loosing another drone. Thinking about spotting it on brushy hillside sounds tough. You should still have a flight log imho? Good luck n I too have lost 2 drones but my flight log helped allot. N I never not fly without my tracker attached. Ty

If the flight path the first drone took caused it to crash somewhere, sending a second drone on the same flight path seems like a sure fire way to crash the second.
Better to provide the flight logs and someone here might be able to approximate the location of your drones.

3rd time lucky??

Or a new thread with the title "lost 3 drones." Better to post the flight logs and actually understand why he lost the first two.

Reactions: InvisibleName
Upload your TXT log file here and then post the link to the uploaded log back here.

Reactions: charliesRig
I AM AGREEING that would be a good investment to buy a Marco polo Tracker. And, research the area your flying in,
could have a effect on interference with your controller.

Here's what your flight data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Your original drone should be around 39.35976 -120.74110
But it's probably in a tree rather than on the ground.

The drone did not return because at 2:20.4 it started landing. (Did you press the landing button on the screen?)
There was no disconnection in flight but you lost signal after the drone had landed (probably in a tree).

At 2:29.3 the drone stopped descending and the VPS indicates is landed on something.
The data suggests it rattled around a bit and is stuck in a branch.

The flight data on my DJI go for looks different than this flight data picture I wonder why they don't look similar

The flight data on my DJI go for looks different than this flight data picture I wonder why they don't look similar
Because in the flight I looked at, you did not get good GPS until 1:23.1 into the flight.
All position data before that is unreliable.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661