DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection and lost drone.

They are not really frequent at all compared to the number of problem-free aircraft out there. This is a problem-solving forum, and so people post problems here. If everyone posted about every uneventful flight that they made then the problematic flights would be lost in the noise.
Sure, I get that it's the exception, but it still happens, and WHEN it happens the penalty is pretty severe. Hence my question about anything that I can do to prevent it. Thanks for the reply

They are not really frequent at all compared to the number of problem-free aircraft out there. This is a problem-solving forum, and so people post problems here. If everyone posted about every uneventful flight that they made then the problematic flights would be lost in the noise.

You are right. It’s just human nature to panic whenever someone posts a bad story or event about someone they know...

1,400 feet (430m)? I can’t imagine the winds or what you could see that high that you couldn’t at 400 feet or so. Are height restrictions lessened compared to the US?

If everyone posted about every uneventful flight that they made then the problematic flights would be lost in the noise.
Truer words were never spoken.
If you remove those losses where the OP had never looked at the User Manual
If you remove those losses where the OP has no idea what the controls do or what warning messages mean
If you remove those losses where the OP had no idea the wind would be stronger higher or flew with the wind on the way out
If you remove those losses where the OP had no idea they could still fly the AC when the Display disconnected or how to
Same with ATTI mode
Compare the remaining losses against the numbers sold!

EDIT: I add this because in reading it it might sound like like I won't help or don't care about OPs that do some of the items above. Not so, I will do my best to offer helpful suggestions and guidance on where to find the answer. It is a learning curve, unfortunately some pay a higher price than others.

Last edited:
What puzzles me is why the flight path shown in the OP's image ends on a NE heading, but all the logs supplied end at the 660 second point when the drone is heading SW (and descending at 3 m/sec). Where is the data that covers the final turn right from SW to NE as shown in the OP's image?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661