DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost control in flight

whiplash78

Reactions
Hi,

yesterday I got a terrible experience with my air:

i completely lost control without any reason (firmware and app updated, imu/compass calibrated), i'm really scared about this behaviour.
there was few wind and I was not so close to the water, any idea/suggestion?

thank you
regards

Scary, not often you see the props on a Mavic, I think I would have landed as soon as possible.
I will be interested to hear what our very knowledgeable forum friends diagnose.
Me , I have had similar experience when my video file size got too large, and it starts a new file, had you been out for a while in 4K?

Scary, not often you see the props on a Mavic, I think I would have landed as soon as possible.
I will be interested to hear what our very knowledgeable forum friends diagnose.
Me , I have had similar experience when my video file size got too large, and it starts a new file, had you been out for a while in 4K?
I was recording at 2.7k, but the flight was started since a minute....so...and don't think this is the problem.
Do you want me to post the log file here? For me it's not a problem
Thank you

I was recording at 2.7k, but the flight was started since a minute....so...and don't think this is the problem.
Do you want me to post the log file here? For me it's not a problem
Thank you
....moreover.... You can see from the video that the drone turned on itself while checking the flight from djigo this rotation is not visible. It seems that the drone goes straight

I had the exact same issue the other day as well. I think it is a issue with the latest firmware.
Scared the **** out of me.

I can say that with the latest FW something seems off. Some minor erratic behaviours.

I"ve owned my Mavic for over a year now and still not confident when I fly, it will return. Once in "Follow Me" mode I was riding my dirt bike and after about 2 minutes of following me I glanced in the bikes mirror and noticed it was flying away from me. Fortunately I was able to cancel "follow me" and gain control and returned to me. The most recent event was a month ago. While camping near Buena Vista Colorado, I was flying over a ravine with plenty of satellites connected and nothing to interfere with connection to the RC. Just as it was slightly out of my LOS it lost connection to the RC. I had my binoculars and could see it hovering in one spot for about 3 minutes in spite of the fact it is designed to return to my "home point". I tried numerous times to connect via controller. I then realized it would probably run out of battery and my best backup was to try to determine where it went down and hike down to find it. AS I continued to watch it, it starting to return to me going about 200 feet then hovering awhile. It repeated this behavior over and over, flying then stopping. As it got much closer to me , about 400 feet, the RC regained link just as the battery warning went off.
I was able to land and save it, but I must admit it makes me nervous to fly. In all of the events I have had a near loss, I always make sure of plenty of satellites, set home point, no wind and no sport mode. It appears to be a finicky little headache.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka