DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Drone by ignorance (and showing offI

214skier

Reactions
Here are the facts:

1. Two day old pilot here.

2. Flying over water yesterday (in sport mode). I banked hard loosing all lift and put the drone in the water. She submerged then resurfaced gaining about 24" of lift before plunging again and sinking. I know where the unit is, resting in about 20' of cold salt water.

3. I knew I could not retrieve the aircraft and went straight to Costco to buy a new one. I erased and reinstalled the app on my device, figuring I needed a fresh instance of the application to sync with my new drone.

4. My flight records from the incident yesterday never synced with DJI app / cloud.

5. Now reading in the forum I am getting the impression Mavic Refresh may consider a replacement if logs can be provided.

Question--is there any place I might retrieve the logs that I have not yet thought of--or because the sync did not happen before I erased the original app, am I SOL?

Thank you in advance.

For DJI to replace a lost AC with only the logs, the logs would have to show a product malfunction. As for using Refresh, they generally require the wreck in exchange.

If you know where it is and it is only 20 feet deep, you might find help at a local diving club to retrieve it for a Refresh exchange.

Reactions: PURSUER01
As for using Refresh, they generally require the wreck in exchange
The aircraft definitely needs to be recovered in order to get a replacement under a DJI Care Refresh policy.

Reactions: WithTheBirds
Thank you. I am a diver personally; however, considering the time of year and strong currents at the crash site I am not confident the AC would still be in its same position. Not sure risk/reward is worth the effort.

So do a pleasure dive at slack tide. If you find your Mavic it will be a bonus.

Here are the facts:

1. Two day old pilot here.

2. Flying over water yesterday (in sport mode). I banked hard loosing all lift and put the drone in the water. She submerged then resurfaced gaining about 24" of lift before plunging again and sinking. I know where the unit is, resting in about 20' of cold salt water.

3. I knew I could not retrieve the aircraft and went straight to Costco to buy a new one. I erased and reinstalled the app on my device, figuring I needed a fresh instance of the application to sync with my new drone.

4. My flight records from the incident yesterday never synced with DJI app / cloud.

5. Now reading in the forum I am getting the impression Mavic Refresh may consider a replacement if logs can be provided.

Question--is there any place I might retrieve the logs that I have not yet thought of--or because the sync did not happen before I erased the original app, am I SOL?

Thank you in advance.
Opps

Tough way to learn a lesson. The old adage applies. There are old pilots, and bold pilots, but not many old, bold pilots. And pilots famous last words: "Watch this"
Fly safe

Props to you for your straight up honesty in the title!

Hopefully that doesn't happen again

"Two day old pilot here"
Congratulations on your achievement at being able to fly at that age, let alone write

Every 2 day old I've ever seen are still in nappies and totally dependent on their mother to even survive

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine