DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone, find drone progr as m sucks

Jasondronemaster

Reactions
So about a month ago I was flying my drone out the mountains and it lost connection and didn't return back to the home point which, it had actually said this is the home point. I was flying sport mode so it was probably going 40 something miles an hour and I'm assuming that it hit it hit some trees or something but to the find my drone system that it has shows the GPS Coordinates and it also shows a flight path problem is is that this is N heavy duty undergrowth brush and so you can't I mean let the 1st day I did this I spent 5 hours crawling through the brush trying to follow the gps never found it. So last week I found th a used Phantom 3 drone for a 150 bucks , went out there today trying to hopefully locate but the mosquitoes were so badd that I was distracted, I noticed that the drone was drifting to the left which would have driven it in to the hillside in and all the brush so I was raising it up and making it fly to my right and distracted by all the flies and the mosquitoes and alll sudden I hear crashing in on and propellers hitting branches and I lost my 2nd drone as well... So anyway I've made 3 or 4 trips up trying to find the 1st drone and crawling around trying to find the 2nd drone I think that we need to have a clapper attached to each drone when you're flying out there and you're not sure which direction to go you know the area you can clap your hands together and it'll make some kind of noise in response to your clap and help you to go towards it, Also was thinking that we need some kind of a omni directional controller that is attached to like a balloon by a accord and so that you can actually have Broadcast from higher up which would eliminate the problem of things getting in the way of your controller some that might actually make it so that your drone doesn't disconnect as much..

I lost my 2nd drone as well...
It's usually much easier to study the recorded flight data and work out where the lost drone ended up from that.
There are some members here that enjoy the challenge of solving those puzzles.
If you want help, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet for the problem flight/s.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: BigAl07
I'm sorry for your loss(es) mate, but I have to admit that the irony between your username and losing 2 drones in a row made me smirk a bit...
On the constructive side, listen to the advise Meta4 gives above, there are some excellent forensical drone physicists on here!

Sorry about your double loss. Always make sure you are able to focus on the task of flying when having a drone in the air. If there are distractions (like bugs) then don't fly there.

For tracking a lost drone, try the Marco Polo tracking device. Works very well at a distance of up to 2 miles.

As to losing signal, this is a line of sight technology. Really should not be an issue since regulations mandate only flying VLOS anyway. If you fly behind a large object, you will generally lose signal. In those cases, making sure that you have your RTH settings all properly set for the terrain where you are located, may save you from a crash.

Reactions: tleedom and BigAl07
"... Also was thinking that we need some kind of a omni directional controller that is attached to like a balloon by a accord and so that you can actually have Broadcast from higher up which would eliminate the problem of things getting in the way of your controller some that might actually make it so that your drone doesn't disconnect as much."
Yeah, just want I DON'T want, some string sticking up into the sky Blowing around in the breeze tied to a balloon, ANYWHERE near my flight operations!

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuiceThe6One