DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Drone on RTH due to RC loss

Hi ! I tried to connect to the Assistant SW, but it did not work. I am not able to come past the intro screen. Unfortunately the place where the drone ist damaged is just where the USB connection is, maybe the connection does not work.

I will send the bird to DJI, they already confirmed, that based on the flight data you have also seen here, there is no reason for the loss.

Interestingly on the form I have to fill out, there are four options for the service personal do thick off.
Repair, Exchange, Return to home failure, Refund ......

Hi ! Got a reply from DJI, no warranty due to water damage.

Of course, she was lying 48 hrs in the wild before found, with heavy rain in between. Mentioned this in all reports.

We‘ll see where this is goin...

Robert

DJI's statement: "In case, data analyst could not judge the problem only rely on app record. Base on the trust to customer, we believe that the drone's flight record was interrupted by accident."

They first wanted to charge me a new drone, now they offer a 30 % discount on a new one.

I am not a native English speaker, but to me the "base on trust to customer"-thing means, that they assume their customers are always cheating and in case of doubt, have to pay.

Baseline: If you loose your drone and you are unable to retrieve her immediately and without damage to the electronics, you will have to pay.

DJI's statement: "In case, data analyst could not judge the problem only rely on app record. Base on the trust to customer, we believe that the drone's flight record was interrupted by accident."

They first wanted to charge me a new drone, now they offer a 30 % discount on a new one.

I am not a native English speaker, but to me the "base on trust to customer"-thing means, that they assume their customers are always cheating and in case of doubt, have to pay.

Baseline: If you loose your drone and you are unable to retrieve her immediately and without damage to the electronics, you will have to pay.

I would try to escalate this case with DJI. It's hard to imagine what kind of accident they think might have happened in that situation.

A new response from DJI (see below). The bottom line is, that if you crash your drone and DJI cannot recover the DAT-Files, their policy is to offer you 30 % on an new one, or you are able to kick in with DJI Care Refresh.
In my case I had to remind them that I bought Care Refresh, as due to "system error" if was not registered.... My policy is to not believe them....

They still don't get it, that the drone was in automatic RTH mode, without pilot control and due to RC loss, which caused the crash, pilot control was not possible. Bad luck that I could not find the drone earlier and it received water damage in the meantime.

DJI response:
According to APP record, we cannot judge how and why the record was stopped suddenly, as before crash, the drone was still reacting to pilot correctly. According to DJI after sales policy, if in case, record was stopped, but no manufacturing problem found, we would share/split the cost with customer (as the record can potentially be rewritten or deleted by customer side. But in case we trust our customer and would be glad to split the cost by providing discount). In hence, we can apply 30% discount for customer for repair cost. For the cost of repair, it can be discussed to 40%, which we will proceed a request/application for you (For your notice, discount can be applied to repair process, Care Refresh cannot be applied to).

We are very sorry that cannot provide a full swap to you by free of charge only reply on APP record and sincerely apologize that we let you down for the situation.

Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions please contact us.

In case, we will send you a quotation with Care Refresh price. Please kindly check and thank you for your consideration.

Have a nice day.

A new response from DJI (see below). The bottom line is, that if you crash your drone and DJI cannot recover the DAT-Files, their policy is to offer you 30 % on an new one, or you are able to kick in with DJI Care Refresh.
In my case I had to remind them that I bought Care Refresh, as due to "system error" if was not registered.... My policy is to not believe them....

They still don't get it, that the drone was in automatic RTH mode, without pilot control and due to RC loss, which caused the crash, pilot control was not possible. Bad luck that I could not find the drone earlier and it received water damage in the meantime.

DJI response:
According to APP record, we cannot judge how and why the record was stopped suddenly, as before crash, the drone was still reacting to pilot correctly. According to DJI after sales policy, if in case, record was stopped, but no manufacturing problem found, we would share/split the cost with customer (as the record can potentially be rewritten or deleted by customer side. But in case we trust our customer and would be glad to split the cost by providing discount). In hence, we can apply 30% discount for customer for repair cost. For the cost of repair, it can be discussed to 40%, which we will proceed a request/application for you (For your notice, discount can be applied to repair process, Care Refresh cannot be applied to).

We are very sorry that cannot provide a full swap to you by free of charge only reply on APP record and sincerely apologize that we let you down for the situation.

Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions please contact us.

In case, we will send you a quotation with Care Refresh price. Please kindly check and thank you for your consideration.

Have a nice day.

I'm very surprised that they can't recover the DAT file. Those are on an internal card and appear to be capable of surviving complete immersion and other insults.

i don't think the auto land vs. hover setting would have made a difference in this case.. he had 37% battery at last reading, and was over land. This should not have resulted in anything other than coming home, with or without app connection.
The MP will not "go home" if the RTH setting is auto-land or hover, it will do one of those two things.

The MP will not "go home" if the RTH setting is auto-land or hover, it will do one of those two things.

I think you may be confusing RTH options with the "RC signal lost" settings.

RTH means RTH and the only setting is the RTH altitude.

"RC signal lost" can be set to RTH, hover or land.

So if RTH is manually engaged by the user, as in this case, the aircraft will attempt to return to home.

Reactions: BigAl07
The point of the op post was the RC disconnect.

No it wasn't. RTH had already been engaged. The aircraft would not have cancelled RTH on RC signal loss. And, in any case, it did not autoland - it fell out of the sky.

Reactions: HVYMTL and BigAl07
Long story told short:

Just be warned, if - for whatever reason - DJI is not able to read the data that is recorded on the drone, the only source is the APP-record. DJI states that this as not enough to admit a warranty issue. So you either have to pay for the repair, or use your Care Refresh option.
This means, a power failure or battery problem would be never be a warranty issue.

Their reply after a long back and forth discussion:
"We really understand your feeling as the only judgement on APP record which is indeed not enough to make a conclusion, it is no warranty case, and we will improve our after service for these cases and provide better service to our customers."

Long story told short:

Just be warned, if - for whatever reason - DJI is not able to read the data that is recorded on the drone, the only source is the APP-record. DJI states that this as not enough to admit a warranty issue. So you either have to pay for the repair, or use your Care Refresh option.
This means, a power failure or battery problem would be never be a warranty issue.

Their reply after a long back and forth discussion:
"We really understand your feeling as the only judgement on APP record which is indeed not enough to make a conclusion, it is no warranty case, and we will improve our after service for these cases and provide better service to our customers."

"and we will improve our after service for these cases and provide better service to our customers."

What the he11 does that mean?

I have no idea and gave up, basically F..k U.
Their communication in English is not very good at all.

And the story continues...

I got my (new/repaired) drone back last week. Serial number ist different and the drone looks brand new. I tried to setup and connect with the controller. All I get ist "... connecting..."

The same issue as when I lost my drone. I tried too conn due to RC loss on automatic RTH. I tried to connect via WLAN, worked, but RC does not.

DJI apologised and asked me to send back the drone again, promising priority repair. The do not want the controller and do not buy my hint, that maybe its the controller that has the fault. Either they have information that I do not have, eg. repairing my drone with new modules that include a change of the serial number while keeping the RC module or ....

Interesting what will happen next....

Valid point! No. Even DJI did not
came up with this idea.

If you didn't PAIR the Radio with the Aircraft it will not work. The process should be detailed in the manual.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+