DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost gimbal clamp.

Why want has made you do that ?

This item can be SLA printed on Shapeways for as little as $4.94 in White, Strong and Flexible nylon. Other materials and finishes are available for different amounts.The model needs a little refinement due to some very fine features that are outside the parameters for this material/process.

I have created a Shapeways shop page displaying a digital model of the part to show what is possible. Please note that at this time the part has not been printed using any of Shapeways processes. Each material and process has unique characteristics and until a specific item has actually been printed the fit and finish of the part and the suitability for its intended application is unknown. However, I have used Shapeways services hundreds of times and as long as I follow the rules for a selected material and process I find the results to be very satisfactory.

Also, please feel free to open your own Shapeways account, upload the model and order the part at your own risk. The Thingiverse page says that Noel has licensed the model under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Has anyone heard back from DJI, lost mine and i'm travelling for the next couple of years with the mavic in my backpack. Cringes me out every time i've got to get a flight and do distance. Could really do with a spare, I wonder if DJI store in Thailand will have them in stock when i arrive there in a couple of months.

Has anyone heard back from DJI, lost mine and i'm travelling for the next couple of years with the mavic in my backpack. Cringes me out every time i've got to get a flight and do distance. Could really do with a spare, I wonder if DJI store in Thailand will have them in stock when i arrive there in a couple of months.

You can always pick up one of our gimbal locks here:

Dynamic 3D Solutions

Hope this helps.

DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Clamp (v1) by NoeI

Someone beat me to it ^^

I'm making one that removes unnecessary geometries. Should be able to print it w/o supports when all is said and done.

If you need one of these and you're in Vancouver, checkout the Vancouver Hack Space on a Tuesday or Thursday evening. I emailed them to ask if they'd print it for me for a fee and they said just swing by on a Tuesday open house and they'll show me how to do it myself on their 3D printers. ~nearly free.

I used my wifes make up triangular make up sponge. It fits perfectly in the space and protects the gimbal better than the hard plastic, difficult to install, easy to loose, snap in OEM. You can get them any where. But be careful about asking your wife for make up sponges !

Attachments

• Sponge.jpg
    Sponge.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 130
I will be building a clamp today, probably will record a tutorial on how to do it, so you can do yours lets see how it goes.

Wait a sec... do I need to be putting that on every time I store the drone?

I either tossed it or it's in the box... I haven't been using it at all, is that bad??

I used my wifes make up triangular make up sponge. It fits perfectly in the space and protects the gimbal better than the hard plastic, difficult to install, easy to loose, snap in OEM. You can get them any where. But be careful about asking your wife for make up sponges !

The question is, will it blend? :D
Important highlight above.

Take a look at our new gimbal lock & lens cover here:

New DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Lock & Lens Cover.

20161208_234737-jpg.2261

Just ordered mine, hoping I don't get shafted with import tax here in UK.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Made the order but have had nothing come through? Any idea on what's going on? The money has definitely left my account and it's all paid for?..

Well, it certainly has been a bit crazy around here. I'm fighting the clock to find a minute, but id like to take a few to thank everyone for their support and recently with their patience. We understand completely the frustration when there's a wait on a purchase. Especially when it comes to the protection of an investment. We've expanded our printer arsenal and are literally working around the clock to meet the new demand. We've even designed new products we cannot release until orders are caught up. lol Thank you to the drone community for your help in getting our name out there as well. So many of you have gone out of your way to support what we do. You are so very greatly appreciated. We've even gone so far as to shut our e-bay store down to focus 100% on our website customers. (the ebay store should be back open by the end of the month) But no worries, the 2 week ETA should be lifted soon. Please bear with us, YOU are our first priority.

5a933f_39c5dbb876e3493fb6a931e39e2aed03.jpg

The package arrived yesterday, spookily the day I made the inquiry! Works a treat and the customer support I received was brilliant.. thanks! I even got a free gift.. what a guy! Highly recommend the Gimbal cover, protects the lens and holds the Gimbal very well.

So, I just uploaded the "Noel" gimbal clamp from Thingiverse to my Shapeways account and had it printed in red strong and flexible plastic for the $5.94 price. When I receive it, I'll report back.... but it did notify me that the model had several spots that it was too thin.....mostly on the "mavic-pro.help" logo on the inside.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej