DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost gimbal clamp.

I've contacted dji 3 times and still haven't got them to send me one. For now i put some soft bubble wrap behind the gimble to hold it still during transportation.

So a 3D printed alternative sounds reasonable.

Take a look at our new gimbal lock & lens cover here:

New DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Lock & Lens Cover.

20161208_234737-jpg.2261

Reactions: Romi and msinger
I'm taking measurements off mine and will be posting it to Thingiverse soon. I'll print it in TPU, nylon, and PETG and see which works best. Should be a pretty fast, easy print when all is said and done.

I had a look at the Dynamics site for their gimbal/lens clamp, looks very good but I went to order as it was only $15 after going to check out I find it is also $15 for shipping, I thought that was a bit steep, so I will be using this method

I find it is also $15 for shipping
Shipping is expensive when shipping packages from the US to other countries. I run into that issue too :(

perhaps somebody in Aust will come up with a cheaper version but it will also need to be as good as that Dynamic one, I do agree that overseas shipping is not cheap, the dealer cannot be blamed for that.

I had a look at the Dynamics site for their gimbal/lens clamp, looks very good but I went to order as it was only $15 after going to check out I find it is also $15 for shipping, I thought that was a bit steep, so I will be using this method

Yes over seas orders cost us a bit more. We're working on this but no luck yet. :( Typically, but I cannot promise, when customers order from overseas I try to slip in a free gift to ease the burn of shipping costs. I try my best to take care of my customers.

Wombat, very nice "Remove Before Flight" solution.

Reactions: 604Pilot
Yes over seas orders cost us a bit more. We're working on this but no luck yet. :( Typically, but I cannot promise, when customers order from overseas I try to slip in a free gift to ease the burn of shipping costs. I try my best to take care of my customers.

Shipping is a problem online at most sites, but as I said before you cannot be blamed for shipping costs, just part of buying online.

I really like the Dynamics one as it supports & covers the lens, and supports the lens in transport, I am waiting until I hear that they maybe have a Australia printer on board, if that is in the pipeline.

I'll have to keep an eye out for some of these the next time I fly!

Reactions: jimbug
Hi all

If there is someone kind enough to post detailed measures of the clamp, I'll be happy to make a printable 3D file of it.

Hi all

If there is someone kind enough to post detailed measures of the clamp, I'll be happy to make a printable 3D file of it.
The part is quite irregularly shaped. I started modeling it over the weekend but got distracted by honey dews. To document the part would probably take as much time as it would to model.

DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Clamp (v1) by NoeI

Someone beat me to it ^^

I'm making one that removes unnecessary geometries. Should be able to print it w/o supports when all is said and done.
Yes it's me who made it. (see: Gimbal clamp )
Printing anything close like the gimbal clamp without supports will be impossible (or you need to use a SLA printer)
I'm now working on a more 3D printer friendly version. Should be done later today.

Reactions: 604Pilot
Yes it's me who made it. (see: Gimbal clamp )
Printing anything close like the gimbal clamp without supports will be impossible (or you need to use a SLA printer)
I'm now working on a more 3D printer friendly version. Should be done later today.

will your new one be on Thingiverse ?

Yes. I will post it on Thingiverse.

Please note that my account here will be deleted soon (I requested this) as I do not want to be part of this forum anymore.
Reason of leaving has nothing to do with the members here!

Goodbye all.
Fly safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S