DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost gps when switching out of followme mode

harfordhawk

Reactions
I posted this over at the dji forum, Maybe a bug when switching out of follow me? but I wanted to ask here, if anyone has heard of such a problem. Scared the crap out of me, and almost crashed it, but was able to bring her in after a good signal was acquired. Why? I just am clueless as I have always had great gps at this location, nothing really around to interfere, etc. I believe it was something to do with the handoff the mavic has to do between receiving coords from phone, etc then switching back to 'regular' flight mode. somewhat shakes my confidence unless I can find a reason it happened and if it was user error I am fine with that. I can learn..

Here is link on healthydrone HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
So tell me if you have any ideas.. I also uploaded flight data to DJI and asked for a review

latest firmware, android tablet, go app 4.0.1

YESSSSS! same thing happened to me. It's a crap mode anyway (for tracking a runner) so I won't be using it in the foreseeable future....

I just watched a demo video where a Mavic did the same thing (this time when losing link) during follow me mode, and crashed into a tree. I don't feel follow me is ready for prime time. Active track works much better, anyway.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga