DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost manic 2 zoom Please help me I don't know how to access my all of my logs on my mavic2 zoom

Worst case is your FAA number and contact info on it? If you don't find it, it would be nice if someone else does and has a way to contact you.

Jeff

Would a Ham Radio, pushing a few hundred watts, or more, cause interference? If so, what's a safe distance to maintain?

Would a Ham Radio, pushing a few hundred watts, or more, cause interference? If so, what's a safe distance to maintain?

Maybe if the aircraft were perched on the antenna, but otherwise no.

Just to update, I have peppered the neighborhood with flyers and searched heavily with no results. This is my 3rd loss of a dji craft....

Reactions: AMann
Thank you @msinger for being so incredibly helpful!

To answer your question/suggestion:
I have been very cautious with the zoom. However I erroneously thought that if I'm flying line of sight, with a twelve hundred dollar piece of equipment, using DJI's app and the app's recommended latest firmware, connected to 17 GPS satellites, flying in a clear night sky, and pairing all that with a great connection, and full battery, then to top that off with an extremely bright auxiliary light....
I guess I just figured there would be no problem retrieving the craft if there were an issue.... I KNOW that there shouldn't have been an issue....

A little further down the road with DJI about the loss of this drone... they told me that there was nothing abnormal about the flight. That I had full control and the craft was moving forward and then that is where the flight log ends. They made no mention of the errors that @sar104 showed earlier in this thread. Offering me 30% off of another drone.... they said because if I had disconnected my phone it would show the same thing.... that wasn't the case in a previous flyaway, I disconnected reconnected turned off both the remote and the phone however it still sent information to my phone.

Could this have been a remote control issue?

A little further down the road with DJI about the loss of this drone... they told me that there was nothing abnormal about the flight. That I had full control and the craft was moving forward and then that is where the flight log ends. They made no mention of the errors that @sar104 showed earlier in this thread. Offering me 30% off of another drone.... they said because if I had disconnected my phone it would show the same thing.... that wasn't the case in a previous flyaway, I disconnected reconnected turned off both the remote and the phone however it still sent information to my phone.

Could this have been a remote control issue?

The errors were not conclusive, so I don't know if they were related to the failure. I'm generally a little suspicious of repeated errors just before unexpected failure though.

Is there anything deeper that I could search? Is there any controller info that could show something? It had a home point and I still saw the auxil light after it disconnected according to the controller and then the controller froze all the readings from the last connection but just read connecting... ... ... for 2 or so hours.....

Is there anything deeper that I could search? Is there any controller info that could show something? It had a home point and I still saw the auxil light after it disconnected according to the controller and then the controller froze all the readings from the last connection but just read connecting... ... ... for 2 or so hours.....

Nothing that I'm aware of. I'm pretty sure that this was a catastrophic failure, but whether it was due to the battery disconnecting or the FC crashing is unclear.

Thank you for your help. I had just uploaded new firmware I believe the day prior. Are you familiar with the shape size and weight of a mavic 2 battery? If so, could you tell me any way that while traveling in one direction even if it were to brake quickly, which there is no record of,how that battery could just disconnect? I AM NOT TRYING TO BE A SMARTASS[emoji111] I would just like an unbiased opinion, how could the battery just disconnect? I guess you really don't even need to reply to this.... seriously, sincerely, thank you from the bottom of ny6 heart. You all are so incredibly helpful to everyone and I can only hope that times when any of you need help in the world, KARMA will be there, smiling on all of you!

Thank you for your help. I had just uploaded new firmware I believe the day prior. Are you familiar with the shape size and weight of a mavic 2 battery? If so, could you tell me any way that while traveling in one direction even if it were to brake quickly, which there is no record of,how that battery could just disconnect? I AM NOT TRYING TO BE A SMARTASS[emoji111] I would just like an unbiased opinion, how could the battery just disconnect? I guess you really don't even need to reply to this.... seriously, sincerely, thank you from the bottom of ny6 heart. You all are so incredibly helpful to everyone and I can only hope that times when any of you need help in the world, KARMA will be there, smiling on all of you!

These batteries do disconnect and there are quite a few logs that demonstrate it. Usually it is preceded by a sudden maneuver and various battery-related errors in the DAT and txt logs, which are not present here. In this case there is no evidence of any sudden acceleration at the end - the aircraft was flying forwards with -28° pitch and 11° roll when the record stops, which makes a battery disconnect seem less likely.

Reactions: karmadog and AMann
Maybe a good time to start using a tracker?

That is a good suggestion. I trust all that tech onboard my M2P, but my MarcoPolo tracker always rides along on it’s back as well. There are simply too many ways a drone can go lost, mostly by pilot error...and I’ve almost discovered a few of them by myself :)

Reactions: Thomas B
These batteries do disconnect and there are quite a few logs that demonstrate it. Usually it is preceded by a sudden maneuver and various battery-related errors in the DAT and txt logs, which are not present here. In this case there is no evidence of any sudden acceleration at the end - the aircraft was flying forwards with -28° pitch and 11° roll when the record stops, which makes a battery disconnect seem less likely.
Thank you again. You are a shining light in a world full of selfish shadows. Thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU AGAIN!

WooT! I'm the first to call you out on your thread title typo.
Satisfying =)

Reactions: karmadog
No, I think it was a bit manic.... I felt as though maybe it just couldn't handle that I was sending it so far from home... or maybe it was just a reflection of my own feelings that night:) ....good catch... good catch...

Reactions: MavicFT1P
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929