DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mavic aircraft

Assuming it disconnected from the RC, it would have tried to initiate an RTH. Given the high wind constantly changing speeds, RTH would not have been able to make it back on it's own. If it did move forward, it would have likely struggled until the power ran out. Due to the erratic nature of the windspeed, predicting the precise location is impossible. I can only come up with educated guesses for you to search.
That doesnt sound good [emoji20]

Keep in mind these are just best guesses, based on wind and available power. With the wind constantly changing, it's possible it could have been getting pushed away while trying to come home.

Ping @Robbyg and @msinger

I will search these places again as location 2 i went through many times.

One more thing i want to tell that when aircraft lost signal that time camera was looking towards home point and it drifted towards left of aircraft for pretty long time.
It was being blown by the wind. From the Mavic's perspective when it went to return home, the wind be pushing back and to the left.

Don't forget to look up in the trees as well as on the ground... It looks like pretty thick tree cover where you were flying so the Mavic could be stuck up in the high branches somewhere.

I had something similar happen to me on my 3rd day, not sure if it was operator error or what, but my iPhone screen went black on me, I used the RTH button on the remote and once I had visual I brought it back on my own.

No luck. We searched most part of jungle we could. Still no symbol of aircraft.
Can anyone guide me what to now? As the aircraft was very well within sight but still it lost the signal. That also with a good battery charge.

Reactions: RvdM
I tried to bring it back with the RC sticks manually as i normally use the controller. But it started drifting than lost the RC signal and directly went out of the sight.
Are thinking this happened because the wind was too strong? Or did you maybe just accidentally pilot it out of sight?

Are thinking this happened because the wind was too strong? Or did you maybe just accidentally pilot it out of sight?
It was within the sight till signal was there with the controller. After that it drifted for 30seconds and than it went out of sight. And this all happened when i lost control and i was helplessness.

If i had manually done anything wrong with the controller than everything would have recorded in flight log if i am not mistaken.

Can you please have a look at the log and give me some info as to why the connection was lost when it was so close to the RC. (There was no disturbance between the Rc and aircraft)

It was within the sight till signal was there with the controller. After that it drifted for 30seconds and than it went out of sight.
Are you saying it was obeying your commands from the remote controller, the remote controller disconnected, and then it started drifting? If not, please explain in detail what happened after the Mavic moved from the last location in your flight log.

Here's your flight log:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

If i had manually done anything wrong with the controller than everything would have recorded in flight log if i am not mistaken.
Everything you did would be recorded in the DAT flight log on the Mavic's internal memory card. The TXT flight log only records your actions while the downlink is connected. If the downlink drops and only the remote controller (uplink) is connected, no data will be recorded in the TXT flight log.

Can you please have a look at the log and give me some info as to why the connection was lost when it was so close to the RC. (There was no disturbance between the Rc and aircraft)
Your flight log does not show why the connection was lost.

Your Mavic was flying at 108 feet when the downlink dropped at the end of your flight log. I see there are lots of trees in that location. Perhaps they were in between you and your Mavic? That could certainly make the signal drop (even when so close to the RC).

Are you saying it was obeying your commands from the remote controller, the remote controller disconnected, and then it started drifting? If not, please explain in detail what happened after the Mavic moved from the last location in your flight log.

Here's your flight log:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Everything you did would be recorded in the DAT flight log on the Mavic's internal memory card. The TXT flight log only records your actions while the downlink is connected. If the downlink drops and only the remote controller (uplink) is connected, no data will be recorded in the TXT flight log.
I started shoot. Did aerial photography (15minutes) than client told me to do one video shoot of the location. So i guided mavic with the RC to the location i wanted. At that point i clicked video record option on the dji go4 app ( as i used to do for all my video recording). The recording started and within 5-6sec of starting recording i lost the video cache. (App screen gave grey display exactly like when the mavic is switched off manually) at that moment i directly looked at the mavic and it was stable in the air. So at that moment RC was still showing aircraft signal. So i tried to just raise the alltitude stick on RC the mavic responded perfectly to the RC. Than i tried to bring the mavic towards me as i was directly facing mavic camera. And at this moment the RC connection also disconnected. (All this happened between 16-17 minutes of the shoot). Showed me connecting on the RC screen. And i could see mavic in th sky going towards other direction infront of my eyes. If i had proper senses than mavic moved quite a few distance (500-700metrs). And i could not do anything.

Your flight log shows your Mavic was at the red circle below when the downlink dropped:

LastLocation.jpg

Which direction was your Mavic moving after the remote controller disconnected? How fast did it appear to be moving?

Did your Mavic drift/move on its own at any other point during your flight while the remote controller was connected?

Your flight log shows your Mavic was at the red circle below when the downlink dropped:

View attachment 17286

Which direction was your Mavic moving after the remote controller disconnected? How fast did it appear to be moving?

Did your Mavic drift/move on its own at any other point during your flight while the remote controller was connected?
After loosing the RC connection mavic moved towards the location marked in Orange cirlcle.(bottom right coner) last i saw mavic just above the thick green area. And the moment was very fast.
1500137265189.jpg

During the shoot mavic never moved or drifted on its on till the RC connection was on. All mess started after the connection went off.

During the flight mavic never moved or drifted on its own till the RC connection was on. All mess started after the connection went off.

Assuming it disconnected from the RC, it would have tried to initiate an RTH. Given the high wind constantly changing speeds, RTH would not have been able to make it back on it's own. If it did move forward, it would have likely struggled until the power ran out. Due to the erratic nature of the windspeed, predicting the precise location is impossible. I can only come up with educated guesses for you to search.

^^ THIS ^^ It will take some maths, but if you know the direction, approx. speed the Mavic was going, and remaining battery life you should be able to figure out an *approximate* area. Start there and work out in concentric circles. Did you label your Mavic with your contact info?

^^ THIS ^^ It will take some maths, but if you know the direction, approx. speed the Mavic was going, and remaining battery life you should be able to figure out an *approximate* area. Start there and work out in concentric circles. Did you label your Mavic with your contact info?
The wind was too erratic to get an accurate calculation. So I only provided best guesses. This why I have a Trackimo plastered to the front head of my Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes