DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mavic aircraft

^^ THIS ^^ It will take some maths, but if you know the direction, approx. speed the Mavic was going, and remaining battery life you should be able to figure out an *approximate* area. Start there and work out in concentric circles. Did you label your Mavic with your contact info?
Its labeled with my name and contact. But the problem is that as per my prediction it has landed in the jungle. I went to the site today did some calculation. And went to the jungle somehow making way, we were together 4 people searching each and every direction possible. Couldnt get any symbol of mavic crashing there or any other symbol of mavic.

I am still not able to figure out how the connection was lost. As there was no metal or any other disturbance. Sky was clean, between RC and mavic there were no high trees blocking the way.

After loosing the RC connection mavic moved towards the location marked in Orange cirlcle.(bottom right coner) last i saw mavic just above the thick green area. And the moment was very fast.
Most of that entire image is a thick green area :)

Can you show me on the map where you last saw it? About how many seconds do you think it took to fly from my red circle above to the last location where you lost sight of it?

Is there any way that dji can give mea replacement? Because as per my flight experiences it wasnt any of my mistake.

Is there any way that dji can give mea replacement? Because as per my flight experiences it wasnt any of my mistake.
You are certainly able to try you might get a replacement, but they are more likely to just offer a 30% discount on a replacement unit.

Most of that entire image is a thick green area :)

Can you show me on the map where you last saw it? About how many seconds do you think it took to fly from my red circle above to the last location where you lost sight of it?
Yellow marker is where i saw it for the last time. And the travel time from last lost connection to last seen aircraft was around 30-50seconds.
1500141656614.jpg

That means your Mavic could have been flying anywhere between 10 - 16 MPH (assuming the above locations and times are correct). While strong winds could have pushed your Mavic away from the home point as it attempted to fly back, it's seems like a very odd flight pattern since your Mavic had no trouble hovering in place various times a few minutes before that occurred.

It's probably going to be nearly impossible to track it down. If you want to continue to look, I'd recommend you look between these yellow lines:

Location.jpg

That means your Mavic could have been flying anywhere between 10 - 16 MPH (assuming the above locations and times are correct). While strong winds could have pushed your Mavic away from the home point as it attempted to fly back, it's seems like a very odd flight pattern since your Mavic had no trouble hovering in place various times a few minutes before that occurred.

It's probably going to be nearly impossible to track it down. If you want to continue to look, I'd recommend you look between these yellow lines:

View attachment 17308
Thank you for giving such a good explanation. I with my friends did search most part between the yellow lines and also around it but no luck. We couldn't cover full area as the trees get denser in some part where it not possible to enter.
[emoji20] such a bad experience for me. And the most painful part was to see the mavic go away infront of your eyes without any of my faults. Many plans got chopped off. [emoji22]

Hi friends, after waiting for 4days DJI has finally replied. And this is what they said.

"For your claimed case CAS-800811-F6R8V0, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft was fully controlled by pilot during the flight;

2. t=15-27, h=32 m, d=141.3 m, the aircraft was flying backward after the pilot pushed pitch stick backward, and then forward, then the record ended.

3. The last point: 15.5898816 73.7721744.

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards. As such, we could not provide warranty service."

So now can anyone guide me as what to do? Because it wasnt pilots fault either.

Reactions: Wersh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes