DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mavic aircraft

Aditya Surlakar

Reactions
Hi, I am from india. Used mavic for 3months. Done some flights. Today i was doing a shoot for one of my client with Dji mavic pro, all was gud, was windy but not so bad. clicked some photograps and than started video recording. Mavic battery was 40% After 4sec the video cache stoped and on attached screen it showed flight disconnected. The Rc control was still there tryed to get the aircraft back but no luck. It started drifting directly and Rc also lost the control. Tried to locate from find my drone but din't help And finally i lost the aircraft.

Can anyone help me to get the flight logs and than find the location? Please

The Rc control was still there tryed to get the aircraft back but no luck. It started drifting directly and Rc also lost the control.
Where was the Mavic when you still had control of it? How did you attempt to bring it back when it started to drift? What happened instead?

Can anyone help me to get the flight logs
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

Thank you for your reply.

Mavic was within the sight when i lost the control and aircraft was at this coordinates. 15.589881605440246, 73.7721744246315

I tried to bring it back with the RC sticks manually as i normally use the controller. But it started drifting than lost the RC signal and directly went out of the sight.
I'll attach txt files and send you link.

The latest flight log indicates it made it back. So I'm not sure you uploaded the right ones.

It would be of great help if anyone could tell me wether its landed at home position or what is the exact last location of it.

Like I said the latest log in that collection of files shows it landing near it's take off location next to a bunch of solar panels near what looks like a water park.

15.589881605440246, 73.7721744246315

This were the coordinates which find my drone shows. And there no waterpark neither solorpanels can be seen.

Can you tell me if you are talking about this location?View attachment 17244
15.589881605440246, 73.7721744246315

This were the coordinates which find my drone shows. And there no waterpark neither solorpanels can be seen.
Nope that is not the last known location based on the logs. Based on the flight logs you provided, your last flight was on July 8, 2017 at 18:50 local time. You are missing flight logs.

You find the instructions at airdata.com Please post the web link they will give to you here for us...

So I'm looking at the logs, and I note two things. First the signal wasn't too good. Looks like something was interfering. But it wasn't at its worst on disconnect. The second thing is that the wind was extraordinary. Up to 50 kph was blowing in the direction the drone was going.

Assuming it disconnected from the RC, it would have tried to initiate an RTH. Given the high wind constantly changing speeds, RTH would not have been able to make it back on it's own. If it did move forward, it would have likely struggled until the power ran out. Due to the erratic nature of the windspeed, predicting the precise location is impossible. I can only come up with educated guesses for you to search.

Reactions: FlyGuy8675309
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan