DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mavic pro help pls

Today I managed to loose my mavic pro drone ..What is happened is I could not go forward or any way (to bring it back )in the wind so its just gone..RTH does not worked and I lost video signal after 300m which is not 7KM......
So I have looked the last coordinates in the app BUT when I going to Filght data and choose the right "last" flights the destination "landing" coordinates are different see first picture. So After I went to the main menu in app than choose find my drone which show again totally different coordinates. My question how can I find it if the battery is low? Does the GPS modul still working ? Jessus cant believe 800pouns just gone in stupid way :D nooo

DON'T GIVE UP :):)

My Mavic pro crashed into a tree in September 2018. Trees are about 20m high so no way to get the drone out of them and I could not see it using my second Mavic Pro, I had the exact location from the flightplan but no sign of the drone. I know the area very well and it has some heavy winds sometimes so I checked the area around the trees to see if the drone came down, no sign of any drone within 4 weeks after the crash. I returned the end of february 2019 (5 months later) and i found the drone below the tree, battery just 1 meter away. Drone was not damaged, all working fine after testing. Battery did not charge anymore so I had to replace it.

DON'T GIVE UP :):)

My Mavic pro crashed into a tree in September 2018. Trees are about 20m high so no way to get the drone out of them and I could not see it using my second Mavic Pro, I had the exact location from the flightplan but no sign of the drone. I know the area very well and it has some heavy winds sometimes so I checked the area around the trees to see if the drone came down, no sign of any drone within 4 weeks after the crash. I returned the end of february 2019 (5 months later) and i found the drone below the tree, battery just 1 meter away. Drone was not damaged, all working fine after testing. Battery did not charge anymore so I had to replace it.

this is a big luck mate good to hear that you have found it.
to be hones my situation is different. I think my mavic was not faulty but someting was wrong with my fw...My mavic landed some where, where is a lot of people going / day... i think someone picked up...

your sd card is not full...but video cache filled free space on your mobile phone or tablet....check storage on device
dont really understand how you mean.
the sd card was empty alos i have got a lot of space on my phone. 64+128gb
do you mean the drone video cache is become full than my drone become uncontrollable? this is how i experienced.becasue when I seen my drone is going a way I checked my phone screen than I see nothing happening when I pushing the forward stick up.I have tested the drone in higher wind as well near by me few weeks before than it was fine,also the day when i lost it i went 2x to the same place but the second time i had this message than no controll anymore... :S

this is a big luck mate good to hear that you have found it.
to be hones my situation is different. I think my mavic was not faulty but someting was wrong with my fw...
There might have been something wrong with your firmware ... but the firmware in your drone worked exactly as it was supposed to.
The problem was 100% user error and 0% mechanical/software/firmware error.
dont really understand how you mean.
the sd card was empty alos i have got a lot of space on my phone. 64+128gb
do you mean the drone video cache is become full than my drone become uncontrollable? this is how i experienced.becasue when I seen my drone is going a way I checked my phone screen than I see nothing happening when I pushing the forward stick up.I have tested the drone in higher wind as well near by me few weeks before than it was fine,also the day when i lost it i went 2x to the same place but the second time i had this message than no controll anymore... :S
The video cache is stored on your phone or tablet - not the SD card and not in the drone.
The storage space in your phone or tablet was full and the app just informed you of that.
This had no affect on the flight. It did not make the drone uncontrollable.
If you had read the posts here, you'd know that you had full control.

The details of your incident have been explained here several times.
There is no mystery and no loss of control.
Your drone was lost because the operator had no idea what he was doing and flew in strong winds without enough experience to know how to do that safely.
You let your drone be blown away.
Stop looking for an explanation that lets you off the hook.
It's bad enough that you lost your drone, but it's worse that you learned nothing from the experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfc and Slim.slamma
thanks for your clear reply.
what I still dont understand is
the lost connection distance was 800m (around) so when I saw my dron will fly a way I start to run to the corner but in this time my remote shows "connecting"
and one more important question i have is how is it possible that my drone stopped in the high speed wind when RTH turned on? because i can see the vertical speed dropped down to 0.7km/h
If the wind is really high than my drone will not able to do anything how RTH stopped it?
Thank you

and one more important question i have is how is it possible that my drone stopped in the high speed wind when RTH turned on? because i can see the vertical speed dropped down to 0.7km/h
If the wind is really high than my drone will not able to do anything how RTH stopped it?
Post #23 explains that quite simply
You could have brought the drone back but you sent it higher where the wind was stronger.

well it does not say nothing about RTH function stopped my dron in the high wind.
Here it is as simple as I can make it.
RTH could almost hold position against the wind at 147 feet (but not make headway against it).
But you had the RTH height set much too high at 293 feet where the wind was stronger.
The wind is always stronger up higher. The higher you go the stronger the wind becomes.
Later you weren't happy with 293 ft and sent the drone even higher
The higher you went, the faster it was blown backwards.

And if it helps to see that in a graph:
i-ZFsWBdP-L.jpg

The simple answer is higher altitude = higher wind speed = drone blown backwards even faster.
The speed varies because the wind is gusty rather than constant.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest