DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST MAVIC PRO NO GPS

I'm 100 percent it was not my fault it started to play up the time before this night also. M thinking it was a data or wifi issue. I have 7 mins of proof the thing wa not listening t me the footage shows us how desperate I was trying to pin point where I was as I lost sight of It .
There were two problems and neither had anything to do with data or wifi.
Your drone knew that there was a problem with the GPS 4 seconds into the flight.
Anyone could have landed at that point but you didn't.
Instead you flew it up, higher and higher and away.
Despite losing GPS position holding, your drone was responding perfectly to your joystick inputs.
The proof of this is clearly laid out in posts #24 and #25.

Some one please help me how can u contact dji for replacement
I told you what to do in post #8 above and added a little extra to the bottom of #24.

Reactions: macoman and Starz
I'm 100 percent it was not my fault it started to play up the time before this night also. M thinking it was a data or wifi issue. I have 7 mins of proof the thing wa not listening t me the footage shows us how desperate I was trying to pin point where I was as I lost sight of It . I made my friend drive me around while I was hanging out her window we both looked like complete idiots I had my controller held up in the air and was making her flash her lights so I could try locate from the camera which car we were as it being night not much to see
Some one please help me how can u contact dji for replacement I don't have a receipt or the box nothing I bought it second hand :(
I've been looking everyday around the area I've truly given up I can't afford another one and I do use it regularly for work now I'm stuffed

As @Meta4 pointed out, the problem was not that the aircraft wasn't responding to your stick inputs - it was responding just fine. For example - compare your elevator input with pitch for the entire duration of the logged flight:

1549117777022.png

The problem was that you did not know how to fly the aircraft in ATTI mode after it lost GPS, and so were unable to fly it back to your location, and that without position data the aircraft was unable to perform RTH. That said, the abrupt and complete loss of GPS reception immediately after takeoff was not normal, and does indicate some kind of hardware failure. Have you opened a ticket with DJI?

It was pointed out to you in post #15 that the mobile device DAT file may contain useful information to determine where the aircraft went, but you did not post it.

Reactions: tleedom
As @Meta4 pointed out, the problem was not that the aircraft wasn't responding to your stick inputs - it was responding just fine. For example - compare your elevator input with pitch for the entire duration of the logged flight:

View attachment 61460

The problem was that you did not know how to fly the aircraft in ATTI mode after it lost GPS, and so were unable to fly it back to your location, and that without position data the aircraft was unable to perform RTH. That said, the abrupt and complete loss of GPS reception immediately after takeoff was not normal, and does indicate some kind of hardware failure. Have you opened a ticket with DJI?

It was pointed out to you in post #15 that the mobile device DAT file may contain useful information to determine where the aircraft went, but you did not post it.
How do I get dat info I thought I gave it to u guys

I'm going to have a guess that you got the drone for Christmas, didn't do any research or practice and went and had some fun. I'm also going to guess that you failed to calibrate and so no GPS. Unlucky but at least you have the controller already when you buy a new drone.

Calibration and GPS signal are not related.

If you can't see it and the wind has it drifting away which you forgot to write that point in oh but you wouldn't of inn that because the gps location was completely unknown for some reason. Hmmm do I go on

What you are not understanding is that when you don't have GPS the Mavic will not hold position. It will fly fine, but all the GPS related functions are not online. Basically, no position hold - it will float with the wind you have to provide stick input to counter the wind. If you make the wrong input it actually magnifies the problem and goes away faster. You have to adjust the flight to compensate for the wind. Return to home - will not work as it does not know where it is in reference to the homepoint. Keep looking for it. You may very well get it back.

It's too bad you have to hack the internal settings to get ATTI, and even then at the expense of Sport or Tripod mode.

ATTI has a couple of practical uses:
Practice navigation without benefit of GPS stabilization yet be able to back out. Sort of like pilot school where the trainer can take over.
Check real wind speeds right where the AC is at the time.

Otherwise, when ending up in ATTI mode as a new pilot, it's like learning to fly and the trainer jumped out (or you stole the plane). Then you're flying solo with no help at all. Fly or crash, sink or swim.

I know I wouldn't fair well if forced into ATTI mode. I have learned how to orient my AC when I can't really see which way it's facing. The trick is not to use left-right on the right stick, but rather fly forward (up on right stick) and yaw to get relative heading. If you fly forward and yaw left, AC appears to move left, it is turning to head towards you. Stop yawing when it stops appearing to move left.

I would never remove sport mode. There is no telling when you may need it to recover your bird in high wind.

I did my learning on a old P2 . I could put it in and out of gps lock on demand . I lost control 4 times while learning . I didn’t know how to use home lock at the time so on the old P2 I would turn off the controller and the little white bird would come home . Knowing how to fly in atti mode is very important and fuel management is also important .
I lost GPS lock on one of my mavics and I was out of eye site and in the forest . It was stressful . But because of practice my bird came back . I never did figure out why it lost gps lock

I have the sport mode attitude settings available in ATTI mode to take care of that issue.
I'm curious do you mean that you get the equivilent of sport mode by using ATTI mode or do you mean you can still enable sport mode with GPS with your settings?

I'm curious do you mean that you get the equivilent of sport mode by using ATTI mode or do you mean you can still enable sport mode with GPS with your settings?

The important parameters that allow Sport mode to work in higher wind speeds is that the maximum pitch and roll values are increased over the values in P-GPS mode. You can independently set those in any of the available modes, and so you can make ATTI behave like Sport mode minus position holding.

Reactions: rfc
The important parameters that allow Sport mode to work in higher wind speeds is that the maximum pitch and roll values are increased over the values in P-GPS mode. You can independently set those in any of the available modes, and so you can make ATTI behave like Sport mode minus position holding.

10-4

Good alternative for experienced fliers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom