DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Pro

JohnFW

Reactions
My 3 year old Mavic Pro disappeared during a flight earlier today. I was flying over land and sea in excellent weather conditions for about 18 mins with enough battery power to easily return to home. From the flight records, it appears that it fell into the sea. After losing communication, I tried the RTH but got the "No Return to Home" indication. I have attached the flight Log with the hope that someone can do an analysis and let me know what really caused this failure. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-12-11_[12-45-49].txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
From the flight records, it appears that it fell into the sea.
If that's the correct flight data: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
The good news is that it shows no fault with the drone.
The bad news is that the data says that the drone came down because you made it descend.

At 16:40.3 with the Mavic hovering about 19 feet higher than the launch spot, you pulled the left stick full down for 5 seconds.
At first it descended at full speed but slowed as the VPS sensors detected the water close below the drone.
But with the left stick still fully down, the drone kept descending.

At 16:44 the VPS was showing the water at 3.9 ft below the drone and you continued to descend for 5.5 ft before the data just stops.
The splashdown was 107 ft from the launch point.

Yeah ... is this really the correct flight log?

Clearly a commanded descent straight down from 6,7m or 22ft height ...

1607766579868.png

And you were on 32,5m or 107ft from the home point ... it would have been possible to both see & hear the Mavic there..?

1607766758144.png

I am saddened by the loss of my drone, but I AM VERY IMPRESSED by your prompt and technically detailed responses. Really!
In my attempt to capture a cinematic vid I tried to lower the camera while moving the Mavic parallel with the shoreline. As a result, my left hand was performing several functions and I recall being distracted around that time. From the info you submitted, it came down very close to my location but I did not see it. Thank you very much for your report.
I must now ask for your advice, the Mavic 2 Pro or the Mavic 2 Zoom? Which do you recommend? Or is there a more recently produced UAV in this category? I would like to get a replacement soon. Any comments/recommendations would be appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929