DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mavic Pro

Realtree1

Reactions
Problem? Drone was out of sight (4,266 ft away @387 ft altitude)

Was unit in a crash? unknown

What have you tried so far? visually looking for it.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iphone 7

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? unknown how to check.

What Go app version are you using?DJI Go

Any modification?
(if so what) no

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) I adjusted a few settings, not really sure what.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)

no

So I need help in several areas here. I was able to download the flight log, but dont know how to attach it to this post, I tried the CSV file and it wont allow it.

Second and the main question I have is what features (if any) does the remote have to help me locate the drone after it is lost?

When I lost it, it lost signal (was out of sight) and that was that. I looked near its last location (very remote wooded area) and nothing. I was flying the drone along a remote two track. After it was clear that the drone was not coming home Ikept driving my atv between the takeoff point and last known location point and at one particular spot along the two track the remote would vibrate. It did this everytime we passed that same point. Im wondering if this is some sort of signal locator or just a fluke.

Its been 6 days now since lost so Im doubtfull there is any battery what so ever but I was reading you could make the drone beep with the remote to help locate it. Is this true and if so, how.

If you want assistance with the log then you need to upload the original txt log file, not a converted csv version. Uploads to the forum are controlled by file extension - .txt is allowed but .csv is not. You can upload csv or DAT files simply by changing the file extension to .txt.

Once the aircraft has switched off there is no functionality in the remote to find it - all you have are the data files on your mobile device.

I'm going to guess that it probably hit a tree. As mentioned, can't help unless you upload the log file.

Too late to make it beep. The battery would've been flat by now. There's the Find My Drone function on the DJI Go 4 app. If the remote vibrated, it would mean there was connection to the drone, which would help pinpoint the location of the drone.

Here is the .txt file log.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-08-11_[20-20-26].txt
    892 KB · Views: 23
Too late to make it beep. The battery would've been flat by now. There's the Find My Drone function on the DJI Go 4 app. If the remote vibrated, it would mean there was connection to the drone, which would help pinpoint the location of the drone.
Any idea as to how far away it could have made this connection? (50 ft, 50 yards/ect.????) the trail I was traveling back and forth on between last known and home intersected the likely flight path where the remote vibrated if the drone was returning home). Assuming this vibration meant it was connecting we looked around but found nothing and eventually it stopped vibrating (maybe total power loss).

It is too late now, but Go 4 has the find my drone app that gives you a map that shows your and it's location and allows you to make the Mavic beep and flash it's lights.

Any idea as to how far away it could have made this connection? (50 ft, 50 yards/ect.????) the trail I was traveling back and forth on between last known and home intersected the likely flight path where the remote vibrated if the drone was returning home). Assuming this vibration meant it was connecting we looked around but found nothing and eventually it stopped vibrating (maybe total power loss).
Transmission range is 7.5km. But it might be on the ground in the grass or up a tree, so the actual range would be a lot less as transmission is being blocked. If the remote vibrated, did you look at your remote to see what it says? It should tell you how far away it was (unless GPS was blocked where it lay). Was your remote still connected to your phone/tablet with DJI Go 4 app? If it was, it might have transmitted its last location during that short moment of connection.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54