DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Pro

Chris1960

Reactions
I recently lost my Mavic Pro whilst flying at approx 100m with RTH activated my battery came crashing to the ground and drone nowhere to be found. Was wondering if this is something any other pilot had experienced

Need help finding your drone? Check out your TXT flight log to find the coordinates of the last recorded location. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Reactions: Chris1960
Need help finding your drone? Check out your TXT flight log to find the coordinates of the last recorded location. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
Flight log shows drone above until battery fell out no further info after that

Perfect. Based on the speed it was flying and the direction it was heading, you should be able to guesstimate the location of the crash site.

That's what I thought must be close by but unable to find searched 100m radius with no luck.

Did you check in trees/bushes/buildings? It's tough to guess where it might be since we only know what you've told us so far.

Reactions: JDawg
Did you check in trees/bushes/buildings? It's tough to guess where it might be since we only know what you've told us so far.
How fast does the bird fly in RTH mode? I am sure you know this off the top of your head.

How fast does the bird fly in RTH mode?
How fast was the wind blowing? :)

It would be best to check the flight log. It'll show the actual speed.

Right... I meant with the battery installed. It can fly faster if flying with the wind or slower if flying into the wind.

Reactions: gerrymad
Sometimes they dont click all the way into and snap into place even though one thinks that they have it firmly seated. Usually happens when one is really giddy about changing batteries in a hurry after just flying one or more.

They connect well enough for connectivity and to take flight , but then after a few turns and jostling they can release. Its rare , but can happen. Or if you have worn or broken retaining tabs that are meant to hold the battery in place.

Sometimes they dont click all the way into and snap into place even though one thinks that they have it firmly seated. Usually happens when one is really giddy about changing batteries in a hurry after just flying one or more.

And no one has ever admitted to it :)

It probably glided a good distance without the weight of the battery. With its lifting-body design, it probably continued 400-500 yards or so. (kidding of course. They WILL be really close together. )

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I just wanna know how the battery separated from the drone before it fell from the sky? [emoji2962]

Yeah, I'm pretty curious about this also. Especially from a new member without any history. Tell us how you suppose the drone got inverted to allow the battery to fall free, and then got separated from the battery when both are descending in free fall? I would suspect that the instant the electrical connection was broken the thrust would cease, so both objects would glide like a safe. One of the rules of flight is maintaining line of sight still isn't it?

Is the flight log posted yet?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024mastermind