DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic while in waypoint mission

Some reading to do may help?
Edit; @15% I think it forces autoland or at least RTH so from there it will be straight lining it home
Guy did a test for a MA so battery time is going to be different.

Neither RTH nor autoland occur at fixed battery levels - both of those levels are calculated. The RTH battery level depends on distance from the home point, while the autoland battery level depends on altitude relative to the home point.

Reactions: SpinItUp
Thankyou sar, that's cleared that up, I'm just guestimating and due to no calculations I thought 800m from the final guess on the path to home would be near this road
distance guesses from your graphs AutoL.jpg

I see no haystacks to throw a pin into so thought I'd give it a shot!
Edit; I'm good at not calculating (using my brain)

Last edited:
This forum is great for blaming pilots and drones BUT everyone forgets the controller. I had an incident with my Mavic Air and had to have it replaced. I repeatedly told Tech support it was a controller problem. They would not hear of it and refused to take my controller back for a check assuring me it was fine. I continued to have problems and finally lost the drone. No flight data recorded BUT I had an AirData subscription and records. After many fights and complaints DJI agreed to replace my drone, a supervisor agreed to check the controller. Surprise bad controller. I am now fighting the replacement charges since they were an original warranty issue with the controller causing my problems. Take info on this forum with a grain of salt. Not everything is the pilot's fault

This forum is great for blaming pilots and drones BUT everyone forgets the controller. I had an incident with my Mavic Air and had to have it replaced. I repeatedly told Tech support it was a controller problem. They would not hear of it and refused to take my controller back for a check assuring me it was fine. I continued to have problems and finally lost the drone. No flight data recorded BUT I had an AirData subscription and records. After many fights and complaints DJI agreed to replace my drone, a supervisor agreed to check the controller. Surprise bad controller. I am now fighting the replacement charges since they were an original warranty issue with the controller causing my problems. Take info on this forum with a grain of salt. Not everything is the pilot's fault

Are you going to cross post this in all the threads?

Reactions: CarlStarke
Had to leave the site yesterday with no success. At least was not able to find it on ground. From my older logs it seems when RTH it can go 60m@1% of battery so my guess was also some 300-360 meters. We did a some photos from P4Pro around the swamp so could later upload it so maybe it is possible to spot my lost Mavic in photos if it did not drown.

Received a free refurbished replacement Mavic from DJI after log investigation by DJI data analyze team "as no pilot error-warranty". Not sure what they saw but it was based on last uploaded logs from DJI go app and not from RC or TXT logs.
Housing was little bit dislocated in transit or from factory but not a big deal pushed it together and recalibrated all sensors.

IMG_20181115_MavicNew.jpg

Old one is still lost and still would like to know the fate of it. Could do a a flight test with new Mavic later in open field to calculate how far old one did really go after RTH .

Made a graph of "fatal.log" 32 parameters which still doesn't make much sense. First half is waypoint mission with no RC input and second half when drifting away in ATTI mode with minimal input from RC and some intermittent disconnects. From 32 parameters 9 seem to be frozen so did not show on this graph.
1542748623241.png

Last minute force landing and after RC reconnects initites RTH.
1542749636221.png

Last 10sec. Going up and then RTH.
1542750930424.png

Seems need to decompile RC firmware to get what each value actually means.

Blast from past. Recently installed DJI Pilot mission planner without connecting RC and for some reason it shows some last coordinates for lost Mavic even that I have had flights with new replacement one with DJI Go.
001813bori8hibheyebkww.jpg

From where it got these coordinates? Suspicious...

Blast from past. Recently installed DJI Pilot mission planner without connecting RC and for some reason it shows some last coordinates for lost Mavic even that I have had flights with new replacement one with DJI Go.

From where it got these coordinates? Suspicious...

Digital past can be difficult to erase.
Must be buried in the Go app.

That what I was telling before that the app logs should be also decrypted to find such forensic evidence. Or this may come from DJI servers, who knows.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard