DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Air 2, but neighbor's kid found it a few days later.

Solsearcher

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Lost my drone yesterday, so looking for a replacement. If no one has one, anyone know where to buy just the drone and not the controller etc.?

Lost my drone yesterday, so looking for a replacement. If no one has one, anyone know where to buy just the drone and not the controller etc.?
You might want to open a case with DJI. I think they sell just the drone in situations like this.

Chris

Reactions: dirkclod
You might want to open a case with DJI. I think they sell just the drone in situations like this.

Chris
Thanks. I opened a ticket with them, we'll see!

I took a look for you on e-Bay just now. Here is what I found. Drone only for $679.99 USD

Dale
Miami
Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 7.59.46 AM.png

Reactions: Solsearcher
Thanks, Dale. I'm not sure how much I trust eBay sellers though....lol
I have been an e-bay seller for years. I have found the site reliable and the evaluations of sellers accurate. Each sale is rated by both sides. You can find out ratings for each seller on the site of the item being sold. If you are not satisfied, you can complain about incorrect listing etc with e-bay and get a refund.

I once had to return a payment because the buyer could not understand how to pair his iPhone with the OM2 I was selling. (DJI OM 2).The buyer complained and I had to give the payment back.

I have been an e-bay seller for years. I have found the site reliable and the evaluations of sellers accurate. Each sale is rated by both sides. You can find out ratings for each seller on the site of the item being sold. If you are not satisfied, you can complain about incorrect listing etc with e-bay and get a refund.

I once had to return a payment because the buyer could not understand how to pair his iPhone with the OM2 I was selling. (DJI OM 2).The buyer complained and I had to give the payment back.
I'd feel more comfortable buying from someone in the same country, at least. Color me "pessimistic". lol For now I'm going to wait and see what DJI comes up with. Should they not offer me a new Air 2S drone only to buy, then I will look elsewhere.

Reactions: Chrislaf
I'd feel more comfortable buying from someone in the same country, at least. Color me "pessimistic". lol For now I'm going to wait and see what DJI comes up with. Should they not offer me a new Air 2S drone only to buy, then I will look elsewhere.
The US and Canada are so close though! Certainly you must have somebody in the US near the border, who could purchase for you.
I once stayed at the Fort Gary Hotel as an overnight on my way to photograph the polar bears at Churchill.

Reactions: Solsearcher
The US and Canada are so close though! Certainly you must have somebody in the US near the border, who could purchase for you.
I once stayed at the Fort Gary Hotel as an overnight on my way to photograph the polar bears at Churchill.
The Fort Garry is a lovely old hotel...perhaps a bit dated, but still quite nice! How was Churchill? Did you fly there or take the train?

The Fort Garry is a lovely old hotel...perhaps a bit dated, but still quite nice! How was Churchill? Did you fly there or take the train?
We flew into the capitol and bussed from there. t was bitter cold- like minus 70 degrees F! The Main Street of Churchill was a slick solid ice field.

How did you lose the Air2S if I may ask?
First thing I did was put my "I'm Stoopid" hat on...lol

I was flying around over my lake waiting for a neighbour to get going on his ski-foil. I was going to shoot some video of him and the boat. While I was waiting, I figured I'd fly around a bit in sport mode. I fly across the lake towards a bay and momentarily lost sight of it. I couldn't see the camera view well because of sun glare and I thought I wasn't in the bay any longer...but actually was.

Here is what it looked like - The area in front is bog, quite deep and wide. The area to the immediate right is very high rock/cliff. The forest is incredibly dense and just getting to the forest from the left side of the bog was "treacherous".
My own stupidity...I flew straight across at full speed into the bush! Looked two days in a row, for a couple hours each time. The forest is so dense you could be 4 feet from it and not see it. Of course battery was dead by the time I got there after the canoe trip over, so no "find my drone" available.

In case you're wondering why I walked right past the crash area, My GPS seemed to be changing where it thought it was (I was looking at the controller, not the flight path from logs like the pic), and then if that wasn't enough...at some point I got MY GPS location mixed up with supposedly where the drone was! I walked back and forth through that bog in crocs, and a pair of shorts and a t-shirt....I can't begin to describe how hellish it was... hundreds of mosquitoes on me, getting stuck in the bog, scrapes and scratches from the bush...no water, no hat...I actually had to lie down in the bog and rest...hahaha LOSER!!!

Attachments

• Crash Site.png
    Crash Site.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
  • Bog.png
    Bog.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
We flew into the capitol and bussed from there. t was bitter cold- like minus 70 degrees F! The Main Street of Churchill was a slick solid ice field.
I'm thinking your memory is mistaken? There's no road all the way to Churchill...it's train or plane only. Now, only plane I think, the train track is buggered unless they fixed it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh