DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Air 2S...Annapolis MD

Not sure how anyone makes sense of the txt file??

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-01-20_[11-10-34].txt
    3.7 MB · Views: 3
Not sure how anyone makes sense of the txt file??
The file is encrypted, but can be read with the right software.
Here's what your data looks like:

It's no mystery.
You were distracted with your autotracking and past 30% and 20% battery levels.
You kept flying until the app gave you a Critical Low Voltage / Aircraft Autolanding warning at 20:06.3, when the drone was nearly 400 ft from home.
Instead of cancelling Active Track and turning towards home, you fought against the active track and flew further away while the drone autolanded because the battery was almost empty.

The file is encrypted, but can be read with the right software.
Here's what your data looks like:

It's no mystery.
You were distracted with your autotracking and past 30% and 20% battery levels.
You kept flying until the app gave you a Critical Low Voltage / Aircraft Autolanding warning at 20:06.3, when the drone was nearly 400 ft from home.
Instead of cancelling Active Track and turning towards home, you fought against the active track and flew further away while the drone autolanded because the battery was almost empty.
I never turned on active track, and wasn't autotracking anything. It did that itself. Smart controller wasn't responding. Thanks so much for looking!

I never turned on active track. smart controller wasn't responding correctly either. Thanks so much for looking!
Someone turned on Auto tracking.
The drone was in auto tracking for some time as you can see in the Phantomhelp viewer.
Fighting against it would have made it seem like it wasn't responding.

Someone turned on Auto tracking.
The drone was in auto tracking for some time as you can see in the Phantomhelp viewer.
Fighting against it would have made it seem like it wasn't responding.
Not sure how it got to auto tracking. I've never used auto tracking when flying. SC wasn't quite right this whole day. I know a DJI Geo zone was "closeby" but I wasn't in it. SC was doing weird things, like not responding when I was trying to switch back to view the map. Maybe there was some interference somewhere??

Not sure how it got to auto tracking. I've never used auto tracking when flying. SC wasn't quite right this whole day. I know a DJI Geo zone was "closeby" but I wasn't in it. SC was doing weird things, like not responding when I was trying to switch back to view the map. Maybe there was some interference somewhere?? But I never hit active track. :(

Interference doesn't put the drone into active tracking

So it's $399 if you can't recover the drone's carcass? Mine ate a tree earlier this year, because I was being stupid, they didn't ask to see the log, and DJI only charged me $129 deductible for a replacement with my DJI Care.

So it's $399 if you can't recover the drone's carcass? Mine ate a tree earlier this year, because I was being stupid, they didn't ask to see the log, and DJI only charged me $129 deductible for a replacement with my DJI Care.
Did you have to send in your drone?

Did you have to send in your drone?
Mine is Mavic Air 2. If you were replacing something smaller, maybe that is why cost less? IDK

Mine is Mavic Air 2. If you were replacing something smaller, maybe that is why cost less? IDK
I had to send it back to them. It was an Air 2S.

I believe this is what I have:

1643042094874.png

It looks like maybe you shouldn't have claimed Flyaway coverage and just said it crashed and it was "missing" instead?

I had to send it back to them. It was an Air 2S.

I believe this is what I have:

View attachment 142576

It looks like maybe you shouldn't have claimed Flyaway coverage and just said it crashed and it was "missing" instead?
I haven't officially submitted anything. But if I apply through service center, it assumes I have a drone to send back, so flyaway is only option.

I haven't officially submitted anything. But if I apply through service center, it assumes I have a drone to send back, so flyaway is only option.
I wonder what it means then when they say "missing aircraft".

Maybe contact the service department. They are pretty quick to respond to email and also very fast to get on chat with them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair