DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my DJI Mavic pro on my first flight [ DRONE FOUND]

I've looked at the log data.

Pull up the coordinates 53°17'3.99"N 7°23'33.75"W and 53°16'58.56"N 7°23'31.14"W on your phone. These are possible locations your drone may have ended up.
View attachment 27790
Thank you very much,I'll check this thing first in the morning as sun goes up :) I'll get back to you,If not I'll search all the fields,and walk through the path :D Thanks! can you please tell me how did you calculate this? :)

Reactions: wytnyt
absolutely not funny,i can only imagine how you feel,for some of us this is a once in a lifetime purchase
You're absolutely right! Thanks a lot all of you guys! I feel much better already,and I believe now that I will find it or I'll get replacement :)

Thank you very much,I'll check this thing first in the morning as sun goes up :) I'll get back to you,If not I'll search all the fields,and walk through the path :D Thanks! can you please tell me how did you calculate this? :)
Keep in mind that these are only possible locations. Finding your Mavic there is not guaranteed, and likely not probable, but at least offers the possibility of recovery. I calculated this by using the average speed the IMU recorded during the last few moments of the flight log, estimated remaining flight time based on battery consumption and then pulled out a line matching the calculated length using an estimated header based on previous header data.

Reactions: Govorin
The aircraft dropped into ATTI mode due to compass errors at 69 s, but it's not clear what caused them. That's most likely due to taking off from a magnetically distorted location, but there could be other causes, including a faulty IMU (less likely though).

After that it drifted since you applied relatively little stick input apart from climbing it to its maximum flight altitude. Looking at the rate of battery depletion and extrapolating to 15% and 10%, and then extrapolating distance in that time gives the following:

2017_12_31_[17-13-38]_01.png

That suggests that it would have drifted out to between 10,300 m and 11,200 m before autolanding. Plotting that on GE gives the following location estimate (between the radials and the range rings):

screenshot78.jpg

Note that that is significantly further than @Cyberpower678's estimate, but I'm not sure how he arrived at his.

The aircraft dropped into ATTI mode due to compass errors at 69 s, but it's not clear what caused them. That's most likely due to taking off from a magnetically distorted location, but there could be other causes, including a faulty IMU (less likely though).

After that it drifted since you applied relatively little stick input apart from climbing it to its maximum flight altitude. Looking at the rate of battery depletion and extrapolating to 15% and 10%, and then extrapolating distance in that time gives the following:

View attachment 27791

That suggests that it would have drifted out to between 10,300 m and 11,200 m before autolanding. Plotting that on GE gives the following location estimate (between the radials and the range rings):

View attachment 27792

Note that that is significantly further than @Cyberpower678's estimate, but I'm not sure how he arrived at his.
I explained above. I used the speed indicator towards the end of the log to derive the distance based on remaining battery and extrapolated battery consumption from the table. Given the IMU was off, it's very possible the speed indicator was too. I'll recheck my work.

View attachment 27791

View attachment 27792

Thank you very much,I really appreciate this, could you give me possible perimeter location. The map shows as a picture,and I can't set it to GPS to find it,THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME !!!!!!!!

Reactions: ElPocho
I explained above. I used the speed indicator towards the end of the log to derive the distance based on remaining battery and extrapolated battery consumption from the table. Given the IMU was off, it's very possible the speed indicator was too. I'll recheck my work.

Yes - I understood in principle what you did, but you did not show the numbers that you used so I could not compare directly.

Thank you very much,I really appreciate this, could you give me possible perimeter location. The map shows as a picture,and I can't set it to GPS to find it,THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME !!!!!!!!
I did indeed do some of my math wrong and did actually get a farther distance more in line with what @sar104 got above. If you try to bring up 53°17'42.18"N 7°18'44.29"W or 53°17'28.80"N 7°18'38.60"W on your phone, those will be more likely locations.
Map.jpg

Here's an expanded view:

screenshot79.jpg

And attached is a kml file with the range rings. This forum does not allow files with kml extensions so I appended .txt, which you will need to delete to open it in Google Earth. The center point of that rectangular area is 53.2933°, -7.3230°.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-12-31_[17-13-38]_range.kml.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 16
I did indeed do some of my math wrong and did actually get a farther distance more in line with what @sar104 got above. If you try to bring up 53°17'42.18"N 7°18'44.29"W or 53°17'28.80"N 7°18'38.60"W on your phone, those will be more likely locations.
View attachment 27793
Thanks again!!! I'll check all of the coordinates given to me above and I'll definitely get back to you guys!!! Thanks a lot for your time!!!

Thanks again!!! I'll check all of the coordinates given to me above and I'll definitely get back to you guys!!! Thanks a lot for your time!!!

Note that the area of the rectangle above is approximately 0.2 km² (50 acres), so that's a big area to search unless someone over there found it.

Note that the area of the rectangle above is approximately 0.2 km² (50 acres), so that's a big area to search unless someone over there found it.
No problem, I'll ask my family to help,so probably we'll be 5 of us looking for it,and checking with the neighbors also :) Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!

No problem, I'll ask my family to help,so probably we'll be 5 of us looking for it,and checking with the neighbors also :) Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!

Just to add that I would be more confident of the range than the bearing, and so you should consider the expanding the area to the north and south if you don't find it.

Here's an expanded view:

View attachment 27794

And attached is a kml file with the range rings. This forum does not allow files with kml extensions so I appended .txt, which you will need to delete to open it in Google Earth. The center point of that rectangular area is 53.2933°, -7.3230°.
sorry for asking again,but I really didn't find what can I do with that .txt file unfortunately..

You poor thing. I feel bad for you. They should, but probably won't give you a new one. Looks like you did the right things to fly and it had a malfunction and fly away. When you do get another one or find yours, familiarize yourself with the PAUSE button and if something starts going wrong you hit that and it stops right there in mid air and waits a few seconds for the next command. Happy New Year and have fun in Bali. Wish I was going there too. LK

Can one effectively use PAUSE button if RC is disconnected from MP??

I doubt it ...!

sorry for asking again,but I really didn't find what can I do with that .txt file unfortunately..

Delete the .txt extension and then it will open in Google Earth, displaying the aerial imagery of that area with the range rings and radials so that you can zoom in for as much detail as is available and also get coordinates directly.

Please start the DJI Support process right away.

@sar104 you are a legend sir!
I dont know how to open the files that are attached with the log but from going through what I can see, at 70 secs or so into the flight, the operator was only 60 ft high and not 20 foot away.. surely, that would enable manual vlos flight home and land?
I know somehow, you open up some magical portal that gives you what the stick inputs were, motor speed, price of bit coin etc...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters