DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my DJI Mavic pro on my first flight [ DRONE FOUND]

Delete the .txt extension and then it will open in Google Earth, displaying the aerial imagery of that area with the range rings and radials so that you can zoom in for as much detail as is available and also get coordinates directly.

Actually you wont need to rename the file as I downloaded it as a test and when it downloaded I checked the file extension which is .kml
Choose to open the downloaded file above with Google Earth.

Actually you wont need to rename the file as I downloaded it as a test and when it downloaded I checked the file extension which is .kml
Choose to open the downloaded file above with Google Earth.

The file is named "DJIFlightRecord_2017-12-31_[17-13-38]_range.kml.txt", so unless your browser stripped the extension, your operating system must be hiding it. Either way, the .txt needs to be deleted first.

@sar104 you are a legend sir!
I dont know how to open the files that are attached with the log but from going through what I can see, at 70 secs or so into the flight, the operator was only 60 ft high and not 20 foot away.. surely, that would enable manual vlos flight home and land?
I know somehow, you open up some magical portal that gives you what the stick inputs were, motor speed, price of bit coin etc...

The problem was likely the usual one in these situations - the OP did not know how to fly the aircraft in ATTI mode. It looks like there was a fairly stiff breeze, which I'm sure didn't help.

All that additional information is in the txt file, but not displayed by website interfaces such as PhantomHelp or AirData. More of it is in the csv files that you can download from those sites, and yet more is available if you decrypt the txt directly with TXTlogToCSVtool. Then you just need a data analysis program to work the data into a suitable form.

Reactions: Simmo
Thank you guys for you help,I spend all morning today looking for the drone on recommended by you location above. But unfortunately,No Luck :( I have spoken to locals,I offer them a 100 euro reward if they're going to find it,maybe it will helps.. but I don't think so. I don't know where it is.. And I have opened a case with DJI Support,so let's see what they'll say to me.. Hopefully they're going to give me a replacement. I'l get back as soon as I get any information from them. Thanks for your support guys! Have a nice day!

Sorry guys , I'm just curious , I was researching something myself again here.. and I plugged in my phone to PC,and checked DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/flyplan file location and I found there a .txt file witch a lots of locations(coordinates on google map) .. what is that? log-2017-12-31.txt

Attachments

• log-2017-12-31.txt
    18.8 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: TroutboyNZ
Why in the world would it lose RC connection just a little over a mile away? From the map it appears to be fairly flat open area.

Why in the world would it lose RC connection just a little over a mile away? From the map it appears to be fairly flat open area.
The OP took off from his home by the looks of it. The home looks like some sort of condo setup, so plenty of WiFi signals to cause interference. Not only that but in Europe they are required to follow CE regulations which weakens the signal output of the communication devices. That shortens the range more.

Reactions: AlpineFlyer
Sorry guys , I'm just curious , I was researching something myself again here.. and I plugged in my phone to PC,and checked DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/flyplan file location and I found there a .txt file witch a lots of locations(coordinates on google map) .. what is that? log-2017-12-31.txt

That's just a log of track points - a subset of the data in the main device log file.

A flight, or flights.
But for my drone is kind of unknown location, as you can see on my flight logs uploaded before. It went straight away from home in one direction just and lost his signal, I just checked coordinates that's why I'm just wondering what these coordinates can mean, maybe he was trying to return home or something, I don't understand from where are them just if my drone never been there...

@Govorin, I decided to revisit this again after thinking about it some more. My previous post pointed to a location that is most likely nowhere near the actual landing spot.

Here's some more information about your flight:
  • At the end of the flight log, your Mavic was flying at an altitude of 393 feet and drifting away from the home point with the wind at 26.9 MPH
  • From reviewing the data prior to that point in the flight log, I'm estimating your Mavic continued to fly at a speed of no more than 26.6 MPH (most likely slower as it descended)
  • According to your flight log, it would have taken your Mavic 48 seconds to land from that altitude
  • Since your Mavic was flying in ATTI mode at the time, it would have started to auto land at its current location after the remote controller disconnected (assuming you didn't have the Remote Controller Signal Lost setting set to "Hover")
  • If we assume the remote controller disconnected at the end of your flight log, your Mavic would have only flown for about 51 more seconds before landing
That means your Mavic would have most likely landed close to the yellow pin in the image below (which is located here). Since the wind speed/direction can only be estimated based on data recorded prior to the last recorded data, I'd recommend you look everywhere in the yellow box.

Location1.png

Location2.jpg

If we assume the remote controller disconnected at the end of your flight log, your Mavic would have only flown for about 51 more seconds before landing
Thank you very much, I've been thinking of this option as well. Just I have not enough information. Also why it would continue flying 51 more seconds? Not just land straight away on point where it loose signal? And also in this case is going to land everywhere he wants or he's going to find a good spot?

@Govorin, I decided to revisit this again after thinking about it some more. My previous post pointed to a location that is most likely nowhere near the actual landing spot.

Here's some more information about your flight:
  • At the end of the flight log, your Mavic was flying at an altitude of 393 feet and drifting away from the home point with the wind at 26.9 MPH
  • From reviewing the data prior to that point in the flight log, I'm estimating your Mavic continued to fly at a speed of no more than 26.6 MPH (most likely slower as it descended)
  • According to your flight log, it would have taken your Mavic 48 seconds to land from that altitude
  • Since your Mavic was flying in ATTI mode at the time, it would have started to auto land at its current location after the remote controller disconnected (assuming you didn't have the Remote Controller Signal Lost setting set to "Hover")
  • If we assume the remote controller disconnected at the end of your flight log, your Mavic would have only flown for about 51 more seconds before landing
That means your Mavic would have most likely landed close to the yellow pin in the image below (which is located here). Since the wind speed/direction can only be estimated based on data recorded prior to the last recorded data, I'd recommend you look everywhere in the yellow box.

View attachment 27868

View attachment 27867
Also one more question, what it usually should do if he losts signal with rc remote / GPS on atti mode? From where did you get this information that it should start landing and exactly after 51 sec ? Thanks for your help, I really appreciate this!

Reactions: AlpineFlyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrover61