DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my DJI Mavic pro on my first flight [ DRONE FOUND]

"Extrapolated" is a calculated estimate of a point between actual data points. Hope that helps, and sorry to hear about the drone.

Actually what you describe would be interpolation. Extrapolation is the estimation of a dependent variable outside the available set of data points.

Does anyone know what’s the best insurance for loss in the uk as a lot don’t appear to cover fly away?

Govorin, please let us know if you've powered the bird yet, and how it is going now ..?!

Yes I tried already to switch it on,seems like everything is working. but I didn't fly with it,and I'm not going to probably.

Also I have another interesting news,I have received an email from DJI Support already.

Hi Aleksandrs,
Thanks for your patience.
For the unfortunate incident happened to your drone, we have confirmed it as a warranty case according to our analysis result. We would like to offer you a 100% off coupon code for Mavic Pro without charger and remote, then you can place an order for it from DJI online store. Do you want to ship it to United Kingdom when you place an order?
----------If the model is incorrect, please let us know.
----------Sorry that it is not available to apply the value of the discount to any other model other than the original model, or to credit the value to your account.
Please reply this email directly and the coupon code will be sent in 3 working days after your confirmation. We are looking forward to your reply and have a great day.
Best Regards,

But I have sent to them e-mail now that I have found it,and I'll ask them what are my best options now, do I try to flight with this one or send it to them to repair it,or I don't know what they will recommend me to do.

Wow great outcome to a sad story.
Fantastic community support here, well done to everyone involved!

But I have sent to them e-mail now that I have found it,and I'll ask them what are my best options now, do I try to flight with this one or send it to them to repair it,or I don't know what they will recommend me to do.[/QUOTE]
Yes I tried already to switch it on,seems like everything is working. but I didn't fly with it,and I'm not going to probably.

Do I try to flight with this one or send it to them to repair it,or I don't know what they will recommend me to do.

Govorin:
No matter what you do, absolutely take the time to remove the SD card from the Mavic, and get the Flight Logs for @msinger and others to analyze!
I think this is the link for the instructions:

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC

Reactions: JeremyDWilliams
I just joined the group the other day and this was the first thread I latched onto since I am a new Mavic owner.
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Viper 1
But I have sent to them e-mail now that I have found it,and I'll ask them what are my best options now, do I try to flight with this one or send it to them to repair it,or I don't know what they will recommend me to do.

Govorin:
No matter what you do, absolutely take the time to remove the SD card from the Mavic, and get the Flight Logs for @msinger and others to analyze!

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC[/QUOTE]
First of all,I think people might be interested as well how DJI Support works. And no one asked me before to upload these logs. And I'm trying to do that,but it shows nothing. Please see screenshot attached.

Attachments

• cant.png
    cant.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 102

Also I have another interesting news,I have received an email from DJI Support already.

Hi Aleksandrs,
Thanks for your patience.
For the unfortunate incident happened to your drone, we have confirmed it as a warranty case according to our analysis result. We would like to offer you a 100% off coupon code for Mavic Pro without charger and remote, then you can place an order for it from DJI online store. Do you want to ship it to United Kingdom when you place an order?
----------If the model is incorrect, please let us know.
----------Sorry that it is not available to apply the value of the discount to any other model other than the original model, or to credit the value to your account.
Please reply this email directly and the coupon code will be sent in 3 working days after your confirmation. We are looking forward to your reply and have a great day.
Best Regards,

I commend you for being an honest man. If karma is any indication then good things happen to good people. If DJI is still willing to honor that 100% off coupon I would suggest that you take them up on it. You've earned it in my opinion after the roller coaster ride you got put through. Nice to see DJI quickly doing right by its product. Enjoyed reading through this little adventure.

Govorin:
First of all,I think people might be interested as well how DJI Support works. And no one asked me before to upload these logs. And I'm trying to do that,but it shows nothing. Please see screenshot attached.
That can’t be right. The drone has to have recorded something. Pinging @BudWalker and @Robbyg again.

Govorin:

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC
It would appear that you're using an older version of DJI Assistant 2. If the Mavic FW version is 1.03.0900 or later then you must use DJI Assistant 2 version 1.1.6 or later.

Reactions: rfc
New DJI go app
e4b05b396cb8c275c6f948d9abf8a1d4.jpg

It would appear that you're using an older version of DJI Assistant 2. If the Mavic FW version is 1.03.0900 or later then you must use DJI Assistant 2 version 1.1.6 or later.
Dumb question: Can't he get the files in question off the sd card without DJI Assistant 2 at all? Can't he just take the sd card out of the Mavic, put it in a reader (which, admittedly, @gavorin may not have), and copy the files?

Can't he get the files in question off the sd card without DJI Assistant 2 at all? Can't he just take the sd card out of the Mavic, put it in a reader (which, admittedly, @gavorin may not have), and copy the files?
No. The DAT flight logs are not stored on the removable memory card.

Reactions: BudWalker
msinger,

Not to hijack the thread, but it's kind of related.

I copied this file off of my Tab S2 that I use as a flight monitor.
On the Tab S2 it is found in the following path:

Galaxy Tab S2/Tablet/DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecords

Any idea why Go4 v 4.1.15 is creating files like this on my Tab S2 - and what data is contained in them. CsvView will open the file, but can't read or de-code the data.

Any help will be appreciated.

Dropbox - 18-01-01-09-39-53_FLY122.DAT

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven