DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my DJI Mavic pro on my first flight [ DRONE FOUND]

I copied this file off of my Tab S2 that I use as a flight monitor.
On the Tab S2 it is found in the following path:

Galaxy Tab S2/Tablet/DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecords
I'm not sure what type of data is contained in those files. As far as I know, there are no tools available to read them.

msinger,

Not to hijack the thread, but it's kind of related.

I copied this file off of my Tab S2 that I use as a flight monitor.
On the Tab S2 it is found in the following path:

Galaxy Tab S2/Tablet/DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecords

Any idea why Go4 v 4.1.15 is creating files like this on my Tab S2 - and what data is contained in them. CsvView will open the file, but can't read or de-code the data.

Any help will be appreciated.

Dropbox - 18-01-01-09-39-53_FLY122.DAT
CsvView/DatCon can read these .DAT files but there is sometimes a problem. It seems that the Go App will, seemingly at random, split these files into two or more files. Maybe that happened here. Is there a file with name 18-01-01-XXXXXXX-FLY122.DAT where the XXXX is before 09-39-53? If so, please Dropbox that as well. If you can concatenate these multiple files into one that should be acceptable to CsvView/DatCon

Reactions: sar104
I'm not sure what type of data is contained in those files. As far as I know, there are no tools available to read them.

Just to add to @BudWalker's reply, the mobile device also creates DAT files, similar to those on the aircraft internal SD card, but with fewer data. They can be useful, but not as useful as the aircraft DAT files because they do not include as much of the IMU data.

msinger / mBudWalker,

Thanks for your input.

Just checked the Tab S2 and the file 18-01-01-09-39-53-FLY122.DAT is the only file for that date - 18-01-01.

Yea, I noticed that CsvView shows fewer sigPlayers available for these .dat files than for the Mavic .dat files. Still, it would be nice if CsvView could read these files.

I wonder. Is this a CsvView issue or a Go4 issue.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Philbek
msinger / mBudWalker,

Thanks for your input.

Just checked the Tab S2 and the file 18-01-01-09-39-53-FLY122.DAT is the only file for that date - 18-01-01.

Yea, I noticed that CsvView shows fewer sigPlayers available for these .dat files than for the Mavic .dat files. Still, it would be nice if CsvView could read these files.

I wonder. Is this a CsvView issue or a Go4 issue.

Thanks again.
The tablet .DAT file has considerably less info than the AC .DAT.

The SigPlayers you see are example SigPlayers that are provided in the distribution. You can create your own and save them for future use. See the User manual.

I'll have to take a closer look but I suspect that .18-01-01-09-39-53-FLY122.DAT is an OK .DAT except that it is missing the front part, in particular the Dat Header where some crucial info resides. I suppose DatCon could be made to read it anyway and produce limited results. But, I'm not keen on this because, so far, this situation is rare. There is also the problem that users will tend to convert these snippets without attempting to reconstruct the whole .DAT.

Terrific post if not the best one I've read. Congrats on finding it and to those who helped pinpoint the location. This is the reason you join and follow forums. What an amazing ending!

Reactions: Viper 1
Does anyone know what’s the best insurance for loss in the uk as a lot don’t appear to cover fly away?
Oops - Didn't see the UK earlier but for others I'll leave the post.

State Farm for only $60.00 (you need a home or auto policy with them already). And I have the DJI Care Plan but it costs much more ($100 + about $79 for a replacement). You're not covered with DJI unless you return a drone for replacement. So if DJI doesn't agree that it's their issue - and your drone flew away or landed in a lake - you're plum out of luck (& $1,000).

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlamolivier
Hi Guys.Im new to this forum.I am asolutely astonished by the support You guys give each other.I am from South Africa and visited the US during December.While I was there I bought a Mavic Pro with all the accesories from Amazon.I have read a lot and have watched a lot of information on u Tube.I intend flying it tomorrow for the first time from a sports field near my home.I have learned a lot from this discussion about the drone that flew away and was found.Amazing!!.Do You think that if something like that happens to me the Mavic would help me since I bought the Mavic from Amazon in the US and are in South Africa?

Hello everyone, happy new year first of all to all of you! I just read so many threads, watched millions of videos, I have a problem. I lost my drone today on my first flight , before New year :D so sad. I watched so many tutorials on YouTube, I updated my drone to last firmware, I just bought it today, and wanted to try it outside in an open area, where's enough space. I had good GPS signal, said is ready to go, so I went up like 3m high and than suddenly it switches to atti mode and starts flying away, so far away that I can't see it, and shows on my rc remote that aircraft is disconnected. I checked my logs, it's doesn't even shows where was he's route.. But I tried using "find my drone" and it shows probably just my drones last location where it losts the signal, so I went there and I didn't find it, it's gets quick dark and I went home.. So I'm now celebrating new year so happy lost my drone :( :D and I don't really know what to do, I'll go one more time tomorrow to the same location where it's lost signal last time, but after reading so much on this forum, and I lost my motivation that I'll find it.. Because some people say that when drone fly away like that on atti mode, it's keeps drifting with wind until battery dies.. So I have no idea what I can do.. I'll try to go to police as well tomorrow and I'll try to call dji support. I have my dji refresh plan as well... And also we bought this drone for our holiday just we're going to Bali on 11th of January already, so I have no idea what to do really now.. Thanks all of you for your time reading all this story :)) and hopefully I'll get some good advise what can I do in this situation.
Hello everyone, happy new year first of all to all of you! I just read so many threads, watched millions of videos, I have a problem. I lost my drone today on my first flight , before New year :D so sad. I watched so many tutorials on YouTube, I updated my drone to last firmware, I just bought it today, and wanted to try it outside in an open area, where's enough space. I had good GPS signal, said is ready to go, so I went up like 3m high and than suddenly it switches to atti mode and starts flying away, so far away that I can't see it, and shows on my rc remote that aircraft is disconnected. I checked my logs, it's doesn't even shows where was he's route.. But I tried using "find my drone" and it shows probably just my drones last location where it losts the signal, so I went there and I didn't find it, it's gets quick dark and I went home.. So I'm now celebrating new year so happy lost my drone :( :D and I don't really know what to do, I'll go one more time tomorrow to the same location where it's lost signal last time, but after reading so much on this forum, and I lost my motivation that I'll find it.. Because some people say that when drone fly away like that on atti mode, it's keeps drifting with wind until battery dies.. So I have no idea what I can do.. I'll try to go to police as well tomorrow and I'll try to call dji support. I have my dji refresh plan as well... And also we bought this drone for our holiday just we're going to Bali on 11th of January already, so I have no idea what to do really now.. Thanks all of you for your time reading all this story :)) and hopefully I'll get some good advise what can I do in this situation.

Did you YouTube it? Did you have your name on it? Is it registered?

Fantastic story!
Kudos to all involved - you guys rock.
To teh OP - sitting in rice is an old wives tale - it doesn't work.
Best thing to do is soak in alcohol, drain and repeat a few times.
Alcohol (Isopropyl) can absorb about twice its weight in water - a very effective drying agent plus it evaporates much quicker than water.
There's nothing inside that should be harmed by alcohol as it's commonly used in cleaning circuit boards. I would however avoid soaking the camera and gimbal for obvious reasons.

Reactions: Peio64270
@ Brojon. Better, use gradded alcohols. By "gradded", I mean successive concentrations starting at, say, 60% in distilled --or at least de-ionized-- water and finishing by alcohol as pure as possible (99.99% is the best grade). This is the way I used in an other life to obtain (biologic) tissue slices for electron microscopy which have to be completely dry. An imperative requirement if you don't want to destroy the electron microscope. For this purpose methanol is better than isopropyl alcohol.

Reactions: Brojon
Yes I tried already to switch it on,seems like everything is working. but I didn't fly with it,and I'm not going to probably.

Also I have another interesting news,I have received an email from DJI Support already.

Hi Aleksandrs,
Thanks for your patience.
For the unfortunate incident happened to your drone, we have confirmed it as a warranty case according to our analysis result. We would like to offer you a 100% off coupon code for Mavic Pro without charger and remote, then you can place an order for it from DJI online store. Do you want to ship it to United Kingdom when you place an order?
----------If the model is incorrect, please let us know.
----------Sorry that it is not available to apply the value of the discount to any other model other than the original model, or to credit the value to your account.
Please reply this email directly and the coupon code will be sent in 3 working days after your confirmation. We are looking forward to your reply and have a great day.
Best Regards,

But I have sent to them e-mail now that I have found it,and I'll ask them what are my best options now, do I try to flight with this one or send it to them to repair it,or I don't know what they will recommend me to do.
DJI warranty loooks better in your area than in mine. For me no warranty coverage for a crash due to an update...and also no warranty if drone bought outside of your living area

Hi Guys.Im new to this forum.I am asolutely astonished by the support You guys give each other.I am from South Africa and visited the US during December.While I was there I bought a Mavic Pro with all the accesories from Amazon.I have read a lot and have watched a lot of information on u Tube.I intend flying it tomorrow for the first time from a sports field near my home.I have learned a lot from this discussion about the drone that flew away and was found.Amazing!!.Do You think that if something like that happens to me the Mavic would help me since I bought the Mavic from Amazon in the US and are in South Africa?
Hello, sorry to let you know that warranty is only available in the area where you bought the drone (US, Europe,Asia)

@ Brojon. Better, use gradded alcohols. By "gradded", I mean successive concentrations starting at, say, 60% in distilled --or at least de-ionized-- water and finishing by alcohol as pure as possible (99.99% is the best grade). This is the way I used in an other life to obtain (biologic) tissue slices for electron microscopy which have to be completely dry. An imperative requirement if you don't want to destroy the electron microscope. For this purpose methanol is better than isopropyl alcohol.
You are correct in that graded alcohol baths are used in biological electron microscopy in order to reduce or eliminate distortions that can occur to delicate biological membranes if they are not treated properly. Since MP have no delicate membranes, going straight to pure alcohol is the quickest and most effective way to dry out electronic circuits. My professional life has been operating/maintaining/repairing electron microscopes for almost 40 years. How to go msinger and sar104 for your incredible work as experts at reading logs and predicting landings!

Wow. Is this forum filled with geniuses or what?? You folks rock!

Govorin, looking forward to the photo/video of the found mavic.

I'm new here and I'm very impressed with the knowledge, care, and helpfulness of this forum. Also, DJI really stepped up at the end as well. I'm still grounded since it been below freezing here since December but I do like reading the stories here and learning more before I take her up. Congrats on finding your drone as well.

so sorry but you did lose your drone Happy New Year 2018

It may have been the wind? If the wind starts pushing me I flip the sport button and it will give you a lot more power. Either way. I hope you find your drone. I wouldn’t have left because it has lights on it. At least until the battery goes completely dead. And if it’s getting dark, it may be easier to find.

I am brand spanking new (newbie) to drones period. I took my first flight yesterday at a local sports center, LOTS of soccer & baseball fields.

I have (I think) enabled Sport Mode in the controller. From the camera view screen I pressed the quadcopter icon then slid the switch to the right of "Multiple Flight Modes" to the right to enable multiple flight modes, "Sport mode" is one of them.

My thought was to leave it enabled so if I get a fly-away or if mode goes into ATTI all I have to do is flip the switch on the RC to get extra power. Is there anything wrong with this logic?

Larry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13