DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lost my drone because of GPS

edzha153

Reactions
Problem? lost my drone cant find it Was flying tried to photo my car but couldnt get down so low so started to fly back and started to lose gps when i lost it drone went into atti mode and after that lost visual on my phone it got disconected and then lost signal regained it for sec but didnt help and i cant find it now pls help

Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far?: i went to spot where it shows on find my drone and walked towards home and still nothing

What device are you using? samsung s8

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? 1.04.100

What Go app version are you using? newest version

Any modification? did remove limits running older firmwere

Did you change anything or install any apps? didnt chagne anything just normal flight and gps went crazy
Do you have a video of the problem? No I don't sorry

logs
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com full flight log before regaining signal

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com its not on that spots checked around it

In my opinion.
At 1600ft alt and that far away RTH due to signal loss or critical battery would not have got you back
Others with better knowledge of reading data may come back with a better or different answer

Reactions: Mike_slatton
it was ok in green zone to RTH when i started to fly back then when crap started ofcorse it went in yellow zone and started to come home but problem is it had no RTH because of no GPS

it was ok in green zone to RTH when i started to fly back then when crap started ofcorse it went in yellow zone and started to come home but problem is it had no RTH because of no GPS
1m 4.9s P-GPS 17satellites 761.8ft N/A 27.5mph 938.6ft 98% 11.898V 3.968V 3.959V 3.971V 0.012V GPS Position NoMatch

4m 32s P-GPS 16satellites 1,017.1ft N/A 25.4mph 6,061.7ft 83% 11.942V 3.972V 3.983V 3.987V 0.015V Weak signal. Avoid blocking the antennas and keep the antennas parallel to and facing toward the aircraft during flight.

6m 33s P-GPS 16satellites 1,621.7ft N/A 29.9mph 8,971.6ft 74% 11.573V 3.85V 3.865V 3.858V 0.015V Downlink Restored (after 0m 1s)

10m 37.3s Go Home 17satellites 1,561.4ft N/A 0.3mph 9,602.9ft 57% 11.273V 3.758V 3.764V 3.751V 0.013V RTH: Cruise

10m 30.4s P-GPS 17satellites 1,562.3ft N/A 26.4mph 9,809.5ft 58% 11.232V 3.735V 3.751V 3.746V 0.016V Warning__The remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Return home now.

7m 52.3s P-GPS 16satellites 1,102.4ft N/A 0.2mph 10,873.1ft 69% 11.546V 3.841V 3.856V 3.849V 0.015V Weak signal. Avoid blocking the antennas and keep the antennas parallel to and facing toward the aircraft during flight.

as you see i had almost 60% because of gps going crazy i got these RTH warnings or i dk why when i was in atti i was in green zone

Being too far and too high made the problem more critical. Hard to recover at that point.

as you see i had almost 60% because of gps going crazy i got these RTH warnings or i dk why when i was in atti i was in green zone
I've had nothing but problems with the new 4.2.12 577 go app with disconnections while flying only few 100 feet away from myself one disconnection was really strange it disconnected and the pro was just hovering in front of me and even the sticks wouldn't work the a.c. just landed on its own after about 5 seconds. What's the best version of app to use for the mavic pro?

same here i tried reconecting cable restarting app to get visual but it was too late

Do you'all think that this kind of issues are due to the latest versions of DJIGO app?
I experienced some disconections with my pro...and no way to reconnect...

Do you'all think that this kind of issues are due to the latest versions of DJIGO app?
I experienced some disconections with my pro...and no way to reconnect...
I before deleted everything and uninstalled the go app deleted all files I had 5.000 files according to my Samsung file manager from months of using the go app with my spark and mavic pro I'm thinking it could of being something to do with all them files clogging my phone up because with a clean install of the Dji go 4.2.12 577 and took my Mavic out and not one disconnection happened full battery when before I was getting loads and they was becoming worse. The disconnection was instantly and you had no control over the a.c. absolutely nothing on the controller worked all data blank on controller as well. I couldn't Imagine if that would of happened to me when I was 1000 meters out scary thought. But now my Mavic seems to behaving since I wiped everything attached to the go app and uninstalled and then I reinstalled it again. You have to use your file manager and find the Dji folder and deleted the whole folder just letting you know you will lose all your cache videos and photos.

I've had nothing but problems with the new 4.2.12 577 go app with disconnections while flying only few 100 feet away from myself one disconnection was really strange it disconnected and the pro was just hovering in front of me and even the sticks wouldn't work the a.c. just landed on its own after about 5 seconds. What's the best version of app to use for the mavic pro?
There is a difference between disconnecting from the phone/tablet and the actual controller. If the controller disconnects then the Mavic will follow the setting for lost connection, which is usually RTH, if the drone is close when RTH is activated, it will land. I have been using the latest version of GO4, I keep it updated. Since you have an android phone, check the setting for the battery, newer version of android added "power saving" feature, so go into settings..Battery. Make sure that GO4 is not being monitored, sometimes Android thinks that GO4 is not active so it goes to sleep, not good for flight.

I download his log file and upload it to air data what I find interesting is this:

F 04m 31s 1017.0 ft 6,042 ft Mode Mode changed to WiFi_Reconnect

What is this??? wifi reconnect??? I never seen this error before? I even looked in my flights logs to see if I had that type of error! he got a lot of those errors unless I am doing something wrong?

I download his log file and upload it to air data what I find interesting is this:

F 04m 31s 1017.0 ft 6,042 ft Mode Mode changed to WiFi_Reconnect

What is this??? wifi reconnect??? I never seen this error before? I even looked in my flights logs to see if I had that type of error! he got a lot of those errors unless I am doing something wrong?

That message often appears in logs when the aircraft reconnects to the RC after a downlink loss.

hum I lost downlink before and I don't see those errors? or you mean when data reconnects to remote control?

ohhh I am thinking VIDEO downlink!!!

any ideas sar104 where his drone might of crashed or land at?

hum I lost downlink before and I don't see those errors? or you mean when data reconnects to remote control?

ohhh I am thinking VIDEO downlink!!!

any ideas sar104 where his drone might of crashed or land at?

No - not really. The wind was strong out of the west or south west, but not steady enough to predict drift with any reasonable confidence. The loss of GPS was strange. It will likely have ended up some distance to the east of its last recorded point, and auto landed, if it still had no GPS, after uplink disconnect.

2018-05-02_[17-28-25]_01.png

No - not really. The wind was strong out of the west or south west, but not steady enough to predict drift with any reasonable confidence. The loss of GPS was strange. It will likely have ended up some distance to the east of its last recorded point, and auto landed, if it still had no GPS, after uplink disconnect.

View attachment 37180

ya :( I was afraid of that :( even a "guess" would be hard to say :(

I just don't get why "gps" just goes away! I know we talked about it in other threads.. I know it has happen to me a couple of times :( i am glad i have trackimo on mine! just in case! well hopefully i should say..lol

I before deleted everything and uninstalled the go app deleted all files I had 5.000 files according to my Samsung file manager from months of using the go app with my spark and mavic pro I'm thinking it could of being something to do with all them files clogging my phone up because with a clean install of the Dji go 4.2.12 577 and took my Mavic out and not one disconnection happened full battery when before I was getting loads and they was becoming worse. The disconnection was instantly and you had no control over the a.c. absolutely nothing on the controller worked all data blank on controller as well. I couldn't Imagine if that would of happened to me when I was 1000 meters out scary thought. But now my Mavic seems to behaving since I wiped everything attached to the go app and uninstalled and then I reinstalled it again. You have to use your file manager and find the Dji folder and deleted the whole folder just letting you know you will lose all your cache videos and photos.

That's a good idea! I didn't thought that it could cause some app crashes... Indeed, I can find a lot of pics and vids on my phone, even if I disable the "cache recording on the device" option in the app.
It's mostly some bad resolution pics, maybe only some preview images I guess.
If I reinstall the app, all my settings will be erased ?
What could happen if I just delete those useless files in the app folder... App will crash at start up?

Reactions: GavieboyDji
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esmond