DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my drone.. my fault..but..

If i had chosen RTH it would never had happen. I tried to fly it home by myself.
RTH wouldn't save you if you didn't set the proper RTH height anyways (or didn't wait for it to set a homepoint before taking off). Since it does a straight b-line back, if it's not high enough it'll just hit anything on the path back. But at least with RTH, if you know where home is, and you know where it was last known to be, it would be somewhere directly between the two points.

In the US (Yes it can depend on region), photo caching is typically on by default when using the official DJI Fly app. It's not offered in third party apps such as Litchi for example. Video caching can be turned off or on in the menu (found it to by on by default).

The copy saved to the phone is usually a lower quality/resolution than the copy that gets saved to the SD card.

In some countries such as India due to local laws/restrictions, the photos are saved strictly to the SD card with no image cache to phone option capable.
We don't have laws like that in Sweden.

We don't have laws like that in Sweden.
Noted, then it's likely a configuration error or possibly a permission one. For example on an android device, on initial set up of the DJI Fly App, it may ask for permission to access storage or to record audio/video/photos to storage. With that permission turned off, it cannot save a local cache. If you're on Android you can usually find permission manager under settings. Or you can go to the App Info of DJI Fly App under settings and look at permissions granted/denied. There may be something similar with iOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr