DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my drone.. my fault..but..

photo2be

Reactions
Hi! Today I lost my Mini2 and it was my fault. I took 5-8 still pics before I lost it. Shouldn't the pics be in the Ipad/controller? I think so but I can´t find them?

Last edited:
Reactions: The General
Hi! Today I lost my Mini2 and it was my fault. I took 5-8 still pics before I lost it. Shoudn't the pics be in the Ipad/controller? I think so but I can´t find them?
Your images are on the SD card in the drone.

Reactions: 912Lancer
Does the Mini 2 offer photo caching? If so have you looked in the phone's cache folders?
I recollect caching can be switched off with some of the DJI apps but can't remember which apps.
Can you connect the phone to a computer and do search for the relevant file type? I recollect that cached files (they may have been video) had odd names but appropriate extensions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a point, did it go swimming or something, what precisely do you mean by "lost"?
If merely crashed on dry land and you can not see it, have you tried the "find my drone" thing in the app?

Reactions: TunaSimon
Just a point, did it go swimming or something, what precisely do you mean by "lost"?
If merely crashed on dry land and you can not see it, have you tried the "find my drone" thing in the app?
Hi, somewhere far away in a dense wood with very high trees and about 1 meter of snow in Sweden.. I can "see" it on the map but not hear it. :( I categorize it as "written off" .... its probably high up in a tree...
The warning said the the "props where obstructed..." Tomorrow I´ll visit a DJI store...
If i had chosen RTH it would never had happen. I tried to fly it home by myself.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: tedledan
Ok, one other thing, how long has it been lost and how long before darkness there?
I can vouch for the fact that in the dark the Mavic Mini's LED are very visible even in a Fir tree.
I am deaf so the beeping was of no use to me but the LEDS were REALLY visible.

Ok, one other thing, how long has it been lost and how long before darkness there?
I can vouch for the fact that in the dark the Mavic Mini's LED are very visible even in a Fir tree.
I am deaf so the beeping was of no use to me but the LEDS were REALLY visible.
Thanx Phillus but now its 5hrs ago and I went home..... I imagined that the led wouldn't bee seen high up in tree ot deep in the snow,,, Actually I was pissd... off.. ! ? Thanx alot for your help and advice,,,

Reactions: hiflyer201
The cache settings are for video. All caching does is capture the live feed whenever you're in record mode. It will be at low resolution and compression as the signal doesn't have the bandwidth to send video at recorded resolution in real time.

Photos can theoretically be sent back at full resolution since they don't have to be sent in real time. I'm not sure if it does though. Look in Album and see if your photos are there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000