DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my M2P - is it possible to buy just the aircraft?

Roamer105

Reactions
Unfortunately after over 500 hundreds flights with probably about 100 on the M2P I managed to loose it on a Litchi WP mission. Since it had lost contact (for expected reasons) on a 5 mile cinematic video mission I can't pinpoint where (and why) it crashed. Given my meticulous planning and path analysis of the mission I don't believe it hit anything but it could be a bird strike or some other malfunction. Since I have no physical drone, DJI refresh is useless so my plan is to purchase a new M2P, but I really want just the aircraft only.

Have any of you found such an offering? I know it exists for the MP and I still one of those.

Unfortunately after over 500 hundreds flights with probably about 100 on the M2P I managed to loose it on a Litchi WP mission. Since it had lost contact (for expected reasons) on a 5 mile cinematic video mission I can't pinpoint where (and why) it crashed. Given my meticulous planning and path analysis of the mission I don't believe it hit anything but it could be a bird strike or some other malfunction. Since I have no physical drone, DJI refresh is useless so my plan is to purchase a new M2P, but I really want just the aircraft only.

Have any of you found such an offering? I know it exists for the MP and I still one of those.

Either you or someone else was looking for the same thing. It was suggested in that thread to purchase the entire package and sell off the other parts - seems folks are always looking for the controller so it might be worth more than expected as a PART sale.

Sorry about your drone - no record by Litchi about where it might have gone down?

contact DJI and they will sell you the drone only. If you are lucky they might even offer you a discount. Tell them you lost it and not looking to the warranty. I lost one in Italy and they sold me a drone only package which only comes with the battery and nothing else

contact DJI and they will sell you the drone only. If you are lucky they might even offer you a discount. Tell them you lost it and not looking to the warranty. I lost one in Italy and they sold me a drone only package which only comes with the battery and nothing else

How much did DJI charge you for that and was it an M2P?

I emailed DJI and explained. I do have the refresh but I know it means nothing as long as I don’t have the drone to send back. I hope they will sell me the AC only.

Are you quite sure there are no clues in the flight plan?

I’d be happy to share the plan. It was complex but I could not find any place where it could have hit something. Plenty of margin.

I'd wait for the eBay 10% off sales and buy a complete unit, sell off the RC and battery or any other components you do not require. I don't even think DJI give you a battery when you buy the drone on its own..

Gearbest also have occasional deals on the pro for 1219 to 1259 USD if you don't mind grey imports..

Or if you're not too picky perhaps buy a well looked afterused unit from the classifieds section?

Yeah but good luck just getting them on the phone I tried all day long with no answer. They dont call you back in a short time either...good luck

They'll take off 15% = $1,100 for the AC and a new battery.

Mission Hub - Litchi

Here is the Litchi plan. Should have been an awesome video. The area is absolutely stunning.

Iv had a Look at your Litchi Mission -

Nice Terrain to shoot in- ( I fly from a Mountain Ridge - so Have a Fair amount of Experience)

However One needs to be aware that Mountains have outcrops all over the Place - … and the Altitude at one Place can Vary by up to 100m - (Just 5 m horizontally away.)
Smooth curves (helped by Litchi) - may have been the cause of your loss.... (especially flying close to the outcrops)

Anyway ….
So I used Litchi Hub, Also Virtual Litchi Mission to Simulate your Views -
and Google Earth to PLOT the PATH of the DRONE.

Sadly - theres a couple of things that could have gone Wrong - ...

Around Waypoint 5 - You selected Litchi to make a REALLY strong Curve - which got REALLY REALLY Close to the OutCrop of the Mountain. See the VIDEO Below -

The 2nd Point of Possible Crash (PPC) could have been when you dropped down into the valley - Possibly too close for accurate measurement by google - and clipped the side of the Mountain - ...

If you succeeded that then then next 20 Waypoints looked Good - with Faster speeds set at 54km /hr ...

But in the Final Home Stretch - when you went over the tops of the Mountain... - You allowed LITCHI to put in some HUGE SMOOTH CURVES (Horiz) - which May have been responsible for you Clipping the tops See wp 32 in the video and the Litchi curve. You were Very close to whacking the underbelly on a few occasions - especially between waypoints on the home stretch..

See on google earth 32 to 33, waypoints 33 to 34 and wp 35 to 36. They are possible PPC's too-

Hope this Helps - Rob (Rockowe)

See Video - of yr planned Mission (… Suggest you view using highest HD possible in YouTube, to see the Waypoints clearly)

Last edited:
Iv had a Look at your Litchi Mission - ...
Well done. This is such a great group, where complete strangers volunteer their time to help a fellow enthusiast. I might add an extra note about wind speed and direction in canyon areas. It is possible that it encountered a headwind that was not noticed at launch which drained the battery quicker than planned, forcing a critical battery landing.

Iv had a Look at your Litchi Mission -

Nice Terrain to shoot in- ( I fly from a Mountain Ridge - so Have a Fair amount of Experience)

However One needs to be aware that Mountains have outcrops all over the Place - … and the Altitude at one Place can Vary by up to 100m - (Just 5 m horizontally away.)
Smooth curves (helped by Litchi) - may have been the cause of your loss.... (especially flying close to the outcrops)

Anyway ….
So I used Litchi Hub, Also Virtual Litchi Mission to Simulate your Views -
and Google Earth to PLOT the PATH of the DRONE.

Sadly - theres a couple of things that could have gone Wrong - ...

Around Waypoint 5 - You selected Litchi to make a REALLY strong Curve - which got REALLY REALLY Close to the OutCrop of the Mountain. See the VIDEO Below -

The 2nd Point of Possible Crash (PPC) could have been when you dropped down into the valley - Possibly too close for accurate measurement by google - and clipped the side of the Mountain - ...

If you succeeded that then then next 20 Waypoints looked Good - with Faster speeds set at 54km /hr ...

But in the Final Home Stretch - when you went over the tops of the Mountain... - You allowed LITCHI to put in some HUGE SMOOTH CURVES (Horiz) - which May have been responsible for you Clipping the tops See wp 32 in the video and the Litchi curve. You were Very close to whacking the underbelly on a few occasions - especially between waypoints on the home stretch..

See on google earth 32 to 33, waypoints 33 to 34 and wp 35 to 36. They are possible PPC's too-

Hope this Helps - Rob (Rockowe)

See Video - of yr planned Mission (… Suggest you view using highest HD possible in YouTube, to see the Waypoints clearly)

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE EFFORT. Also very informative. I love those areas of Utah.

Reactions: mike graham

There is a guy out in California that resells used and like new aircraft . I have purchased from him in the past.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d