DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FOUND!!! Lost Spark over water, Find my drone says it landed on dry land.

Templar 74

Reactions
Original post here:

It's been over a year since I found my Spark drone, but I felt I had to share this story with a happy ending. Better late than never!

I was absolutely certain that my Dji Spark was at the bottom of the lake, but "Find my Drone" and the responses I received on my post gave me a glimmer of hope that it could be on land. So, I decided to take one last look. It was quite an inaccessible place on foot, so I went there in the spring while the lake was still frozen, and the ground was nearly free of snow. This is Norway, so the ice was at least 60 cm thick.

I had given up and was about to return to the ice when nature called, and I had to take a necessary trip to the bushes. The ground was still a bit snowy and icy in the woods, so I thought it made sense to walk towards a small forest path and do my business there.

Wouldn't you believe it, while I was standing there, shaking off my disappointment, I saw the drone just a couple of meters away from me!!! :D It was still partially frozen in the ice, missing a motor and part of an arm, but there it was, after almost half a year in the snow, exposed to the elements.

The memory card worked as it should, and the drone did the same after being warmed and dried for a couple of days indoors. I must say, it protested a lot and made many sounds, but the fan and lights seemed normal, and it connected to my PC.

Thank you so much for the help I received here. One must be lucky!

I'm attaching a picture of the discovery site and a map with a marker. And the Spark :)"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-154600 copy.jpg
    Screenshot_20211109-154600 copy.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20220314_163252.jpg
    IMG_20220314_163252.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20220314_170422.jpg
    IMG_20220314_170422.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
Great story of survival. My M2 Zoom landed in a tall tree last July and after a windstorm this January I decided to make one last trip to see if it has blown down. The branch it was on had broken and the drone was hiding in some blackberry vines about 75 feet below. Dried it out and everything worked except obstacle avoidance. Sent it back to DJI and it came back good as new.

Glad you found your Spark. I recently sold mine after more than 5 years with it. I replaced it with a Mini 3 Pro because I wanted a sub 250g drone. Other than the short battery time, I think the Spark was one of the best 'mini' DJI drones ever made.

Chris

Great news. Yep they are tough. Mine’s been in the River Severn mud flats with salt water as it is an estuary and a week up a tree here in Bristol with the usual weather we get here! Still flying very well even though my MA2 is my drone of choice now.

Reactions: Templar 74
Original post here:

It's been over a year since I found my Spark drone, but I felt I had to share this story with a happy ending. Better late than never!

I was absolutely certain that my Dji Spark was at the bottom of the lake, but "Find my Drone" and the responses I received on my post gave me a glimmer of hope that it could be on land. So, I decided to take one last look. It was quite an inaccessible place on foot, so I went there in the spring while the lake was still frozen, and the ground was nearly free of snow. This is Norway, so the ice was at least 60 cm thick.

I had given up and was about to return to the ice when nature called, and I had to take a necessary trip to the bushes. The ground was still a bit snowy and icy in the woods, so I thought it made sense to walk towards a small forest path and do my business there.

Wouldn't you believe it, while I was standing there, shaking off my disappointment, I saw the drone just a couple of meters away from me!!! :D It was still partially frozen in the ice, missing a motor and part of an arm, but there it was, after almost half a year in the snow, exposed to the elements.

The memory card worked as it should, and the drone did the same after being warmed and dried for a couple of days indoors. I must say, it protested a lot and made many sounds, but the fan and lights seemed normal, and it connected to my PC.

Thank you so much for the help I received here. One must be lucky!

I'm attaching a picture of the discovery site and a map with a marker. And the Spark :)"
Just how long did you shake off your disappointment?😜

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Just how long did you shake off your disappointment?😜
I'm sorry to hear that it was a disappointment that he shook off. :cool:

Congratulations on finding it, small miracles do occur once in a while. And I do mean on finding the drone...

• Haha
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne