DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST my Mavic Pro in.the Republic of Panama (AGAIN...)

Panamawise

Reactions
I have the TXT info, but I am unable to make sense of it via Phantom Help (captcha issue, apparently). I finally did manage to get a map of the last location, so it is where I thought it could have landed. No need for your help this time, thanks! Problem is that Panama is under total lockdown and that I won't be able to venture in the street until Tuesday. Take care y'all and stay safe!

Last edited:
Reactions: T0pDrone
I have the TXT info, but I am unable to make sense of it via Phantom Help (captcha issue, apparently). I finally did manage to get a map of the last location, so it is where I thought it could have landed. No need for your help this time, thanks! Problem is that Panama is under total lockdown and that I won't be able to venture in the street until Tuesday. Take care y'all and stay safe!
Are you in Panama City? If so, maybe we can get together. Where do you fly...Cinta Costera?

Art

Reactions: Panamawise
I have the TXT info, but I am unable to make sense of it via Phantom Help (captcha issue, apparently).

Attach the text here anyway, and someone can upload to Phantom Help for you.
The analysis often finds that that Find my Drone info is out, mostly due to wind etc if auto landing or if telemetry is lost to the device as it descends.

Are you in Panama City? If so, maybe we can get together. Where do you fly...Cinta Costera?

Art
Hi Art, I am far away, near Chitré (Herrera Province), about 3 and a half hours driving time to Panama City. The problem with flying around Cinta Costera is that I would calculate this area to be 3 kilometers away from the Marcos Gelabert Albrook airport. According to the pretty extensive (40 pages long PDF) Panamanian regulations, you would be prevented from flying within an area of 8 km around an airport. That would forbid flying in all of Panama City! After thinking long and hard, I complied with a salient requirement of the law, so my MP is duly registered and the registration number is displayed on the aircraft. Many operators disregard those requirements, but registration is a simple process. If you start flying from the Cinta Costera, stretching along the coast in the city center, and a public part, you'll inevitably attract the attention of onlookers and a police officer could start asking questions. Panama is under very strict national lockdown, and of course getting out of your house is currently not an option. Stay safe.

Attach the text here anyway, and someone can upload to Phantom Help for you.
The analysis often finds that that Find my Drone info is out, mostly due to wind etc if auto landing or if telemetry is lost to the device as it descends.
Very thoughtful, and well appreciated. I managed to resolve initial technical difficulties and could access the very useful Phantom Help, so I know where my MP landed (the courltyard of a large hardware store currently closed, as the rest of the country) and already contacted the owner. The issue is that neither of us is allowed to leave our residences until Tuesday... so I'm crossing fingers it does not rain in the meantime. I had a stong wind warning and lost control after being notified of a strong interference (possibly for a very large cellular antenna). Thank you and stay safe.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Very thoughtful, and well appreciated. I managed to resolve initial technical difficulties and could access the very useful Phantom Help, so I know where my MP landed (the courltyard of a large hardware store currently closed, as the rest of the country) and already contacted the owner. The issue is that neither of us is allowed to leave our residences until Tuesday... so I'm crossing fingers it does not rain in the meantime. I had a stong wind warning and lost control after being notified of a strong interference (possibly for a very large cellular antenna). Thank you and stay safe.

Ah, that's great if the flight log shows it landed.
Also good the harware is closed, it should be safe, and if they know about it, the drone should be safe if any staff find it.
Good luck on Tuesday !!

Ah, that's great if the flight log shows it landed.
Also good the harware is closed, it should be safe, and if they know about it, the drone should be safe if any staff find it.
Good luck on Tuesday !!
I just managed to get it back, safe and sound. It was exactly where expected. Stay safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olab