DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost My Mavic Zoom

If control signal is lost, it's going to show two flight records.
Looking at the flight data should show how much time is missing between the flight records.

That's not generally the case - if the signal is lost and then recovered without the app or controller being restarted then only one log is generated, with data gaps. Same with the DAT files.

I think @RayOZ may have jiggled my brain enough to remember I did have a few flights where DJI Go 4 crashed, and those are probably the answer to my broken flight logs, any chance your app crashed when your bird vanished??
My app never crashed, even if it did the RC had no telemetry from the drone. I am quite used to flying without video feed just using the telemetry from RC alone.

So below is the response from Dji to me, on the Dji Forum there is another user that just had his Mavic 2 Pro fly away at very close range as well.

DJI SUPPORT DJI Support
16 CST20:21
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

This is Katy from the data analysis team, and I will be assisting you on this case from now on for related inquiries about data analysis.

For your case CAS-3054331-P3G4X7, we have finished the data analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft was working in GPS mode;
2. At T=14:19, the RTH was triggered by the remote controller's signal lost, but it was canceled by the pilot at T=14:23;
3. T=14:47, H=0.2 m, D=442.3 m, the record ended after the pilot pushed the throttle stick downward.

As the flight record ended, it was unable to verify the main cause of the incident.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another one, we can offer you a 30 % off discount for Mavic 2 Zoom aircraft without the charger and remote controller. Please kindly send us the following information if you would like to accept the offer:
Shipping address:
Contact name:
Phone number:

----------If the model is incorrect, please let us know.
----------We’re sorry to tell you that the discount cannot be applied to any other model other than the original one, or be credited to your account.

Should you have more questions about the result of the data analysis, please reply to this email directly within 15 calendar days. Then we will contact you via email in 2-3 working days.

Thanks for your support. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Katy
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

So below is the response from Dji to me, on the Dji Forum there is another user that just had his Mavic 2 Pro fly away at very close range as well.

DJI SUPPORT DJI Support
Dear Customer,

This is Katy from the data analysis team, and I will be assisting you on this case from now on for related inquiries about data analysis.

For your case CAS-3054331-P3G4X7, we have finished the data analysis, and the result is as follows:

2. At T=14:19, the RTH was triggered by the remote controller's signal lost, but it was canceled by the pilot at T=14:23;
3. T=14:47, H=0.2 m, D=442.3 m, the record ended after the pilot pushed the throttle stick downward.

As the flight record ended, it was unable to verify the main cause of the incident.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another one, we can offer you a 30 % off discount for Mavic 2 Zoom aircraft without the charger and remote controller. Please kindly send us the following information if you would like to accept the offer:
Shipping address:
Contact name:
Phone number:

----------We’re sorry to tell you that the discount cannot be applied to any other model other than the original one, or be credited to your account.

Should you have more questions about the result of the data analysis, please reply to this email directly within 15 calendar days. Then we will contact you via email in 2-3 working days.

Best Regards,

Katy
DJI Technical Support
If last data was downward throttle movement then the drone didn't stop itself from descending into the water and this is a defect. What was the altitude? It was probably registering incorrectly.
My Mavic 2 pro just bounced on landing and it's because of this issue. Altitude said it was 30ft higher also.
See if anyone else has been dropping their drones into the water and ask for their logs too
Push that and see what they say.

If last data was downward throttle movement then the drone didn't stop itself from descending into the water and this is a defect. What was the altitude? It was probably registering incorrectly.
My Mavic 2 pro just bounced on landing and it's because of this issue. Altitude said it was 30ft higher also.
See if anyone else has been dropping their drones into the water and ask for their logs too
Push that and see what they say.
The drone was about 7 to 10 meters above water/sandbank

There's something even more concerning when setting the RTH height.

For instance.
Even having 60 meters, lets take an example of taking off from a cliff, so 0 meters AGL flying down to the beach shore (- 130 AGL).
Basically EVEN if your RTH height is 60 meters you will still run the risk of crashing as the drone will go up only 60 meters leaving it at -70 AGL of your take off height.

This has happened to me before but the App not only warn me but I was also aware of this so I was already prepared for it and had it at sight.

Nevertheless rule number one for not having accidents is not taking chances.

This works for me every time I have connection issues I never fly further and always bring it back because sometimes interference can even not only disrupt the signal but also cause the drone to act crazy or respond contrary to the remote inputs.

I had issues doing traces on my motorcycle.
I was pushing the right stick forward (so 9t would move close to me) and the sucker was going back and getting farther away from me as I witnessed on the telemetry.

Sucks losing the drone but it sucks even more bashing the rc and phone on those rocks.

There's something even more concerning when setting the RTH height.

For instance.
Even having 60 meters, lets take an example of taking off from a cliff, so 0 meters AGL flying down to the beach shore (- 130 AGL).
Basically EVEN if your RTH height is 60 meters you will still run the risk of crashing as the drone will go up only 60 meters leaving it at -70 AGL of your take off height.

No - that's not correct. The RTH height is height above the takeoff point, not height above the altitude of the aircraft when RTH is initiated. This feature works as it should.

bird attack? any eagles/hawks in the area? i get hawks chasing my smaller models all the time, it is crazy annoying.
i know it will not help much, but, for the future -

Yes bird attack is a serious..yesterday i experienced it..lil bit chasing scenes with bird..fortunately i can get over the bird.

they have one for drones with a light waterproof tracker.

bird attack? any eagles/hawks in the area? i get hawks chasing my smaller models all the time, it is crazy annoying.
i know it will not help much, but, for the future -

they have one for drones with a light waterproof tracker.
I was about to ask the assayer question. Possibly a few things at once happen. Either way my heart breaks for this gentlemen and being honest I would have thrown my RC in a fit of rage way before that.

Reactions: Brandaloo

DJI SUPPORT DJI Support
Dear Customer,

Shipping address:
Contact name:
Phone number:

Best Regards,

Katy
DJI Technical Support
This seems to contradict what you said happened - specifically canceling RTH followed by decreasing throttle. Is any of this in the DAT files that you posted here?

Sigh......another Mav flyer who is convinced it could never be their fault. Yes, hire a bathyscaphe, take a look...

This seems to contradict what you said happened - specifically canceling RTH followed by decreasing throttle. Is any of this in the DAT files that you posted here?

This is the copy paste response I have recently received as well.

This is the copy paste response I have recently received as well.

With respect, I tried to load 2-3 of your logs, to no avail. When a member is that challenged, thinking about doing dives for an M2. I'd love to assist. 60% of my inflight errors are due to me....operator error. I can't help much with no information....and really don't have time to review a huge thread, once the log is posted. Cheers, no insult intended.

With respect, I tried to load 2-3 of your logs, to no avail. When a member is that challenged, thinking about doing dives for an M2. I'd love to assist. 60% of my inflight errors are due to me....operator error. I can't help much with no information....and really don't have time to review a huge thread, once the log is posted. Cheers, no insult intended.

No taken. I appreciate your willingness to look into the issue. What file are you needing? I could post it in a manner that might work easier.

No taken. I appreciate your willingness to look into the issue. What file are you needing? I could post it in a manner that might work easier.

It should be either a .DAT file, or...a TXT file that is encrypted. If you were flying in a location with little connectivity, you might not have it.

Here's my OMG event...fly in Vietnam, very urban, 40 story bldgs...somehow, GPS blockage and connection to my Mavic 1 Pro was lost, and I was disoriented getting intermittent reception. Vertigo on the ground...last transmission was 'no battery....landing'. I used a Spark all day following, trying to find it. Nothing.....my wife asked a groundskeeper, and had it in her hands after 20 min. I bought everyone lunch. :)

Their she is....and my wife LOL....

Sorry this has happened...it's never fun. Send what you can....but nothing so far reads. The guy in Portugal's log read perfecty.

loan.jpg

It should be either a .DAT file, or...a TXT file that is encrypted. If you were flying in a location with little connectivity, you might not have it.

Here's my OMG event...fly in Vietnam, very urban, 40 story bldgs...somehow, GPS blockage and connection to my Mavic 1 Pro was lost, and I was disoriented getting intermittent reception. Vertigo on the ground...last transmission was 'no battery....landing'. I used a Spark all day following, trying to find it. Nothing.....my wife asked a groundskeeper, and had it in her hands after 20 min. I bought everyone lunch. :)

Their she is....and my wife LOL....

Sorry this has happened...it's never fun. Send what you can....but nothing so far reads. The guy in Portugal's log read perfecty.

View attachment 72925

Ok. I will try again shortly.

2 methods.....both are the Mavic loss

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-07-25_[20-39-11].txt
    687.2 KB · Views: 2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones