DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost My Mavic Zoom

Sigh......another Mav flyer who is convinced it could never be their fault. Yes, hire a bathyscaphe, take a look...
Did Suren suggest that? Maybe I missed it, but he seems to be looking for answers.

The thread seems to have entered another dimension with the arrival of Lukea777 and yourself? What's this all about?

Reactions: Brandaloo
This seems to contradict what you said happened - specifically canceling RTH followed by decreasing throttle. Is any of this in the DAT files that you posted here?

Yes - it's all in the log files. Note that the takeoff point was around 18 m AMSL.

859.956 : 45299 [L-API]basic_cmd_exit_go_home
859.956 : 45299 [L-N_MIS]req abort all for app_exit_gohome
859.959 : 45299 [L-N_MIS]Switch new mis 3 req 2 from mis 25 req 16
859.959 : 45299 [L-FLYMODE]SWITCH2HOVER!

Did Suren suggest that? Maybe I missed it, but he seems to be looking for answers.

The thread seems to have entered another dimension with the arrival of Lukea777 and yourself? What's this all about?

I have made a mistake by posting on someone else thread thinking it was mine. My apologies.

Yes I am only looking for answers. Dji has not provided any as the log just ends and I have decided to take their 30% discount offer to buy another drone

Yes I am only looking for answers. Dji has not provided any as the log just ends and I have decided to take their 30% discount offer to buy another drone

I’m deep in into work, but will look at. Never forgot to review the logs with good outcomes. It makes the bad one easier to compare.

Yes - it's all in the log files. Note that the takeoff point was around 18 m AMSL.

859.956 : 45299 [L-API]basic_cmd_exit_go_home
859.956 : 45299 [L-N_MIS]req abort all for app_exit_gohome
859.959 : 45299 [L-N_MIS]Switch new mis 3 req 2 from mis 25 req 16
859.959 : 45299 [L-FLYMODE]SWITCH2HOVER!

View attachment 72955
Are you still thinking it suffered some sort of catastrophic failure? I'm a bit confused at this point.
My understanding of Suren's explanation is that he lost connection and took no action on the remote, hoping that connection would be reestablished and/or return to home would kick in. But I guess that's assumption on my part. The data says what the data says...

So Suren, do you remember canceling RTH and throttling down?

Are you still thinking it suffered some sort of catastrophic failure? I'm a bit confused at this point.
My understanding of Suren's explanation is that he lost connection and took no action on the remote, hoping that connection would be reestablished and/or return to home would kick in. But I guess that's assumption on my part. The data says what the data says...

There was certainly some kind of failure, but what kind of failure is not recorded. It could have been a prop, for example.

The confusion on the loss of connection and RTH is explained above - the aircraft lost connection twice. The first time it was re-established and the pilot cancelled RTH. The second time it was not re-established.

Reactions: PropSpin

Yes I did on the first disconnect after reconnection I was still curious so I went back down to see the floating item - curiosity did kill the cat this time or should I say drone

No - that's not correct. The RTH height is height above the takeoff point, not height above the altitude of the aircraft when RTH is initiated. This feature works as it should.

For real?
I have to test this again just to feel certain

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet