DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Mavic

Onandon

Reactions
MavicDownMap.jpg Hi guys - and many thanks for adding this totally new guy to the world of drones. Apologies if this is not posted in the correct Forum.

I am desperately seeking help/advice in finding my lost Mavic Pro Platinum. My 8 year old boy was using the RC when we lost sight of the Mavic, and now believe it has gone down in fields, or nearby wooded areas - we are in the south of England.

I would appreciate some expert input as to which files, etc. will give me the most accurate information - or does the DJI GO 4 App's "Find My Drone" feature give an accurate location?

Am hoping somebody out there has the time to advise me please.

Thanks in advance.

Brian.

I would appreciate some expert input as to which files, etc. will give me the most accurate information
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

does the DJI GO 4 App's "Find My Drone" feature give an accurate location?
That will only direct you to the last recorded location from the TXT flight log.

Reactions: Onandon
Hi msinger, is this the correct file?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-07-22_[17-37-52][2]log.zip
    582.5 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Onandon
One of my worries is that the last time we took the Mavic up, the battery was on less than 30%. The file I have shared is the most recent flight recorded. Is it possible that the final flight was not recorded? ...in which case, might there be any data elsewhere that would confirm that, or not? :(

Is it possible that the final flight was not recorded?
Click my link above to review that flight log. Was that your last flight?

The battery is at 38% at the end of the above flight log. There's no way your Mavic would have been able to return home with ~30% of the battery remaining.

Hi msinger - the final time we took the Mavic up, the battery was just under 30%. The file above is the most recent flight that has been recorded.

Is it possible that the final flight was not recorded? ...in which case, might there be any other data elsewhere that would confirm that, or not?

Is it possible that the final flight was not recorded?
It's possible, but not likely. Restart your Android device and then check to see if a newer log is available.

One of my worries is that the last time we took the Mavic up, the battery was on less than 30%. The file I have shared is the most recent flight recorded. Is it possible that the final flight was not recorded? ...in which case, might there be any data elsewhere that would confirm that, or not? :(

Are you saying it was <30% when you took off? Could it have immediately tried to RTH to a previously saved location?

I don't wish to sound facetious but when / if you find or replace it, read the manual and engage beginner mode!
I do speak from experience....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada