DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my new Mavic Pro in the Republic of Panama (GOT IT BACK three weeks later!)

you are correct

(technically it's above takeoff elevation, because dynamic homepoint can change the homepoint location during flight)

Have I misunderstood dynamic homepoint? I figured this regularly updates the homepoint (every 10 mins, I believe) to the aircraft's current position, meaning that RTH would return to the update, not where it took off from. I'm assuming this would also include the RTH height, that is, it would RTH at the configured height above the last homepoint update.

I'm assuming this would also include the RTH height, that is, it would RTH at the configured height above the last homepoint update.
Resetting the home point only resets the location (latitude & longitude) of the home point (nothing more).

Here's an easier way to understand how the RTH altitude works:

When RTH is initiated, your Mavic will ascend from the current altitude displayed in DJI GO up to the RTH altitude before returning back to the home point. If the altitude is a negative number, the Mavic will ascend up to 0 feet and then up to the RTH altitude. If the Mavic is already flying above the RTH altitude, it will return at its current altitude.

Have I misunderstood dynamic homepoint? I figured this regularly updates the homepoint (every 10 mins, I believe) to the aircraft's current position, meaning that RTH would return to the update, not where it took off from. I'm assuming this would also include the RTH height, that is, it would RTH at the configured height above the last homepoint update.

Page 19 from the mavic manual:
[...] the aircraft will automatically set the current position as the new home point when the aircraft is 15m farther than the previous home point while tracking.[...]

so It updates after a 15m location change.

Page 47 for the manual:
Flight telemetry
H 10.0M : Height from the Home Point. [...]

This is wrong. it should be hight of the aircraft when turned on (as described on page 52 of the manual), this is a mistake in the manual.

What @msinger wrote is correct the home point is only the location (latitude & longitude). It does not update the altitude, because the mavic does not know the elevation at this new point.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman