DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost signal, lost drone

sar104, my flight app shows the last know position on the street by the swimming pool. Your flight projection shows it north of the pool: What am I missing on this?
The last location recorded was when the drone was 590 feet up and flying at 31 mph.
It's not going to be directly below that exact spot and will have been affected by the speed and direction it was flying as well as wind on the way to the ground.

sar104, my flight app shows the last know position on the street by the swimming pool. Your flight projection shows it north of the pool: What am I missing on this? I am currently in Gatlinburg looking for the drone in your described location. Getting ready to send up. Phantom clone (UpAir One) to look down on the trees.

As @Meta4 said - it's not going to just drop vertically from the last recorded point - it has momentum and it's subsequent ballistic trajectory is determined by drag and airspeed. And the location I plotted is south west of the pool, not north.

As @Meta4 said - it's not going to just drop vertically from the last recorded point - it has momentum and it's subsequent ballistic trajectory is determined by drag and airspeed. And the location I plotted is south west of the pool, not north.

Thanks for the info. I have only one battery for my UpAir One. Time to charge and continue visual search. I did fly above/beside several trees, nothing. But the camera is not great.

Hope you find your drone. Sorry if this post is redundant.
While not cheap, this is the tracker I have... 2 models, the one that is waterproof is more expensive. It can’t see in a tree, but can tell you which tree to look in for a lost drone... great for high grass also.

I understand reasoning behind the suspected crash location, but the flight map I have shows the drone over the road by the pool for a notable distance; sar104’s map shows the drone in a different path before the
Lost connection/crash. Maybe I am looking at map wrong.

I understand reasoning behind the suspected crash location, but the flight map I have shows the drone over the road by the pool for a notable distance; sar104’s map shows the drone in a different path before the
Lost connection/crash. Maybe I am looking at map wrong.

That's correct. And the estimated crash point is 80 meters south west of the last recorded point, which is south of the pool.

That's correct. And the estimated crash point is 80 meters south west of the last recorded point, which is south of the pool.

View attachment 78581

Got it. I have spent two hours looking, but nothing yet. I also backtracked the green projected path. Flew my UpAir One for 20 min, but no luck. Charging now next go around.

Thank you.

Got it. I have spent two hours looking, but nothing yet. I also backtracked the green projected path. Flew my UpAir One for 20 min, but no luck. Charging now next go around.

Thank you.

Unless it landed somewhere unnoticed, such as in a tree, then it most likely ended up on the ground and was picked up. It would probably be more effective just to ask at the houses near the estimated crash point. Did you have your contact details on it?

Reactions: Thomas B
Yes, my name and phone number. All these cabins/houses are vacation rentals.

Since this my second M2P to lose signal and become lost, I’m going after a tracker. Maybe one of these: How to Find a Lost Drone? Here Are 3 Awesome GPS Drone Trackers

Or Marco Polo?
I chose the Marco Polo because it is local signal based and will signal for weeks... if it’s in a tree I’ll know which one. You do have to get within a few hundred yards for it to detect the signal if the terrain is rolling much. There are cheaper ways to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom