Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Signal While Flying Mavic 2 - No Return To Home :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro1

Reactions

This happened on Friday, still no drone :( sad day

I'm going to report it to the police today since my search yesterday came up empty handed.

• Sad
Reactions: fguthrie
He posted the same video yesterday and that thread has been closed and the link to the video removed. I don't know what he's playing at, but apparently he can't take a hint.

Reactions: The Editor
I forwarded a link to a friend at the faa.
They do monitor this forum from time to time.
Totally illegal, unsafe and dangerous to others.
Consider it a sign from God to save you from very bad things happening.

Reactions: Monument.AL
He posted the same video yesterday and that thread has been closed and the link to the video removed. I don't know what he's playing at, but apparently he can't take a hint.

No need to be aggressive sir, this is a community of drone pilots. The video was removed because I accidentally cussed in it, that has been removed... Its going to be okay :cool:

I forwarded a link to a friend at the faa.
They do monitor this forum from time to time.
Totally illegal, unsafe and dangerous to others.
Consider it a sign from God to save you from very bad things happening.

Unfortunately the drone is in a legal airspace and within VLOS, I was flying at an extremely popular spot with multiple pilots.

It has already been reported.

Unfortunately the drone is in a legal airspace and within VLOS, I was flying at an extremely popular spot with multiple pilots.

It has already been reported.

After seeing the video I'd argue that you were well out of VLOS.

Reactions: old man mavic
Then not sure why you posted this. What I see is this going where your other thread went. You miss the point of what
some are saying. Where you were flying wasn’t cool and
then whining about it here knowing from your past threads
what you would get is beyond me.
What I do see is this isn’t going to continue much more.

Guys let’s stop with the flaming . Just ignore and not post
in this if that’s what your going to do. Don't want to help him
just walk on by.

Guessing loss of signal was due to tall skyscrapers and failure to return home ... same.

Not looking to complain, I'm just overall frustrated and looking to see what others have done in this situation. It's a bummer to have a $2k drone in 2020 that doesn't allow continued GPS tracking. I regret not having a separate GPS system on my drone but it is one solution I am looking into.

Talking about it allowed some other local pilots to contact me and help me look, it's hard to always be a perfect pilot but I am talking about it and reporting it so everyone can get better and learn more.

I understand and everyone should understand that there is always a chance of someone getting hurt when you fly a drone no matter how cautious you are, I am lucky and fortunate no one was hurt. I have been flying since I was a kid, I grew up flying helicopters and gliders before drones were available. I have over 300 RC ready to fly gas and electric airplanes, I understand the space very well. Disconnections, run-aways, shorts, errors, ect happen, and it's just good to be prepared. If I could have tracked my drone for at least an hour or two, I would probably have it today. It seems like that should be pretty standard in 2020... I hope the MP3 doesn't disappoint.

Reactions: Jet skier

This happened on Friday, still no drone :( sad day

I'm going to report it to the police today since my search yesterday came up empty handed.

Are you posting here because you want assistance in locating the aircraft? If so then you will need to post the log file(s).

Reactions: dirkclod
@Astro1 if sar is willing to help you then post that log
or I see no need of this going any further.

Yes, post the logs. If you are indeed interested in helping educate the masses here from what ever happened here (and knowing yourself), it would be good to know if this was:
  1. not enough RTH height on signal loss
  2. screwy GPS from flying between several tall buildings that mess with GPS signals (this has happened to me),
  3. bird strike,
  4. other, which could be a failure of power / ESC / motor, etc.
I would be interested to see what happened.

Chris

I offered assistance to @Astro1 in the previous thread, including instructions for uploading the logs. Not sure why, but I have my suspicions, he didn't take the offered assistance and has yet to do so. That being said, I and others still may be willing to do so. It is up to the OP to decide to accept it or not.

Probably a battery disconnect, popped out during flight.

Some Mavie 2 users have started strapping on the battery to ensure it stays strapped In during flight, I started doing the same after replacing the swollen batteries.

Hope everything turns out okay for you, and you’ve learned from this incident. Next time fly in areas the quad won’t damage property or harm someone, play it safe.
Paul

Kinda surprised you didn’t fit a tracker seeing as you have 300 rc planes you must have used them at some point.

I offered assistance to @Astro1 in the previous thread, including instructions for uploading the logs. Not sure why, but I have my suspicions, he didn't take the offered assistance and has yet to do so. That being said, I and others still may be willing to do so. It is up to the OP to decide to accept it or not.

I am going to upload my flight log, the thread got locked last time before I had the chance to post it. I just have to pull it off my phone, I have a lot going on with my job right now I just need a minute to sit down and do it.

Kinda surprised you didn’t fit a tracker seeing as you have 300 rc planes you must have used them at some point.

No because they have insane range and you obviously can't fly a plane for even a second without looking directly at it... Those receivers and servos have been around for so many years, I have never had a system completely fail to where the plain just flys away and i lose it. Hitec is a good brand. But with drones, there seems to be a lot more opportunity to lose track of it.

I am going to upload my flight log, the thread got locked last time before I had the chance to post it. I just have to pull it off my phone, I have a lot going on with my job right now I just need a minute to sit down and do it.
Then I suggest you sit down and do it now. You have time to
start threads that disrupts this forum . Tell you what .
When you have them to post here you can tell me in a message I am sending you and I will reopen this but till then
it is Temporarily Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato