DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost signal

drummer255

Reactions
Was just flying my relatively new air (3 weeks old) and haven't had any issues till tonight. Was taking it straight up to about 1000 feet and lost signal. Lucky the return to home worked great but I could not reestablish connection. What could I have done to re connect? Scared to fly again!

Was just flying my relatively new air (3 weeks old) and haven't had any issues till tonight. Was taking it straight up to about 1000 feet and lost signal. Lucky the return to home worked great but I could not reestablish connection. What could I have done to re connect? Scared to fly again!
Well #1 be ready for the potential flame of going 1000 feet up if your in the US, lol

If your straight up 1000 feet and didn’t have the antennas pointed straight out so that the signal was directed at the craft that’s your first issue.

Reactions: mad monkey
Well #1 be ready for the potential flame of going 1000 feet up if your in the US, lol

If your straight up 1000 feet and didn’t have the antennas pointed straight out so that the signal was directed at the craft that’s your first issue.
Not in the US in a remote area so no worries there the antennas were in the upright position. Just wondering why it didn't reconnect on the way down? Or is it normal not to reconnect on a lost signal return to home scenario?

Reactions: DesJardins
The mavic should reconnect when it’s back in range when returning to home
That's what I thought as well, as this is my first experience with total loss of signal not too sure what to think. With the mavic being straight up above me I'm surprised it lost signal at all, but was relieved to hear it buzzing on it's way down! Hopefully it was a one time just a glitch.

Why attempt to fly 1000ft in the air? Would be cool to see.. But odd.

Also on average the worst possible place to fly your drone is directly above you regardless of antennas Something about it just doesn't work right.

Why attempt to fly 1000ft in the air? Would be cool to see.. But odd.

Also on average the worst possible place to fly your drone is directly above you regardless of antennas Something about it just doesn't work right.
My Air can barely get to 120 metres, before I get signal issues. I've had total loss before that on a few occasions at that height.

All flights have taken place in the UK

Last edited:
I've had a similar issue happen just last night. I'm in Australia and flying under CE regs but lost signal at 80m height straight above me with antennas pointed perfectly flat at it. CE Regs don't limit it that much so I should be able to easily go past that right?

I'm having a hard time visualizing the controller sticks pointing at your stomach and flying in that considering that your electronic device would be unreadable. Due to the design of the arms that hold your phone, there is tendency to hold the controller flat with the sticks pointing to the sky.

Are you holding it straight out in front of your face?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000