DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost the 4k ???

Tony911

Reactions
Hi, today I did upgrade to v01.03.0800.
In the video setup, I surprisedly found that the shooting mode disappeared in 4K!
Also do you have this problem?

Yep I had the same problem as well. I normally film in 2.7K anyway but not nice to loose the option. I wander what happened there?

Ok all sorted. I just understood what Kilrah said.
I changed image transmission settings to normal mode and both 4k options come back... all good.

Another question, if I only film in 2.7K, is it benificial to keep the image transmission settings on HD mode as 2.7K is the highest option or leave it on normal mode and continue shooting in 2.7k

Thanks.

Alarming Boys Returned!
Although I did the upgrade process correctly, turning off and turning everything back on, this problem had appeared.
Ready to fly, I realized that the 4K had disappeared.

I turned it off and on again a couple of times, before the image did not appear on the iPhone 7+ display, at the same time I turned on the 4K mode, now it seems that everything works regularly.

v01.03.0800 also does a battery firmware upgrade. Do not forget to upgrade ALL of your batteries individually, otherwise you will end up to be doing that in the field...
To upgrade each battery just turn the mavic/controller/phone or pad on with each battery, you will then be prompted.

Last edited:
Reactions: BadAssDK
I had my 4K option disappear but I just restarted everything ie the mavic, controller and app. Once I done that, the 4K option came back.

To get 4K back I had to switch transmission mode back to normal from HD mode which it selected by default following the upgrade. I find it a bit of a daft thing to do by DJI, why suddenly force HD mode which drops video quality down to 1080p, if you do not notice the warning you could be recording in 1080p by mistake.

v01.03.0800 also does a battery firmware upgrade.

I expected a battery upgrade but does not appear to have upgraded mine, have tried 3 batteries since the upgrade and none have upgrade. Weird.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShermanL