DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low light flying with the Mavic pro

Ed Henry

Reactions
So, what kind of issues will i need to be prepared for if i try to take off in quite dim conditions and film a sunrise. I dont really plan in doing much more that taking off, ascending, hovering, filming and then descending??

I'm not sure how the camera performs as I haven't flown in too low of light, but I filmed a sunset and had no issues. I do know that if there's not enough light, the sensors warn they may not be able to detect collisions

Look on YouTube for the film poets. He has a good low light video and how to get rid of any noise.

I know one time I turned on the camera in my house with the lights off and the obstacle avoidance told me it wouldn't work

So, what kind of issues will i need to be prepared for if i try to take off in quite dim conditions and film a sunrise. I dont really plan in doing much more that taking off, ascending, hovering, filming and then descending??
I guess my teal question was not about the camera but about the drone. I know we need light to see where we are going and the sensors need ligjt for obstical but does the avoidence but does the Mavic need light to actually fly??

I guess my teal question was not about the camera but about the drone. I know we need light to see where we are going and the sensors need ligjt for obstical but does the avoidence but does the Mavic need light to actually fly??
No

When flying in really low light just turn off all AO. Just make sure your not going to hit anything.

I fly a lot in the dark, not had an issue, the only thing i do diffrent is to fit the strobes to the mavic and i only take off and land from a well lit area

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925