DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low noise Props - excessive vibration?

I had my Mavic Pro, never had any real problems with it. Put the low nois props on it, and ever since the gimbal would start to vibrate after 30seconds of flying. Put the normal props on and the problem persisted. Never got an error message, just unusable footage.

Returned my bird to the shop and it was sent to dutch dji repair centre. Within two weeks I received back a refurbished mavic... no word on what the problem was, etc. I haven’t flown it yet due to the storms of the last fee days, but looking forward to being able to fly again. I am a bit hesitant to put the low noise props on though! :-(

Hey guys, - I got my low-noise props in today from B&Hphoto, and can say I have the kinks in the blades that don't have the circle on them.

Here's a picture. It's odd that BOTH packages have the same kinks on the same props. :(

Is this a cause for concern?

Attachments

• bKaGEEKlSHO0lzxsJhcDQA.jpg
    bKaGEEKlSHO0lzxsJhcDQA.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
  • 6Y3OANO8Qg6Om0nv3R96bQ.jpg
    6Y3OANO8Qg6Om0nv3R96bQ.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
In another thread I said that I wasn't having the vibration. Well, today I did.

On my second flight with the 8331 props on the Mavic Pro, I had the gimbal shaking up and down (but no error message, it was able to compensate, footage was stable).

After rotating the Mavic on its axis (360 degrees) to the left and to the right, the vibration stopped. No vibration after that during the flight that I could tell. But after trying to land and take-off again, the vibration was back.

What I notice is that the hinges on those props are very tight compared to the 8330 model. I have other 8331 props so I will try those when I get a chance.

What I'd like to know is if I risk damaging my Mavic with that vibration or if I can ignore it. Any clue?

I tried the new low noise props this weekend too and received the gimbal vibration error. It did seem to go away after a quick acceleration up though.

I tried the new low noise props this weekend too and received the gimbal vibration error. It did seem to go away after a quick acceleration up though.

Seems to be too many reports of this to be coincidental. I wonder if MPP owners are experiencing this as well?

Seems to be too many reports of this to be coincidental. I wonder if MPP owners are experiencing this as well?

YES. I have the MPP and this behavior started a few weeks ago (I had no issues for the first couple months though). My gimbal vibrates excessively up and down for about 20 seconds after take off. I have to let the drone hover in place until it settles down. Once it settles down the gimbal is fine the rest of the flight.

I have a couple theories on this, but I can tell you that this has only started happening to me since the weather dropped below freezing.

Can other MPP members run a test when it’s below freezing? Would help us folks to know if your gimbal vibrates after take off.

Thanks!

YES. I have the MPP and this behavior started a few weeks ago (I had no issues for the first couple months though). My gimbal vibrates excessively up and down for about 20 seconds after take off. I have to let the drone hover in place until it settles down. Once it settles down the gimbal is fine the rest of the flight.

I have a couple theories on this, but I can tell you that this has only started happening to me since the weather dropped below freezing.

Can other MPP members run a test when it’s below freezing? Would help us folks to know if your gimbal vibrates after take off.

Thanks!

I did one flight at -20 C (-4 F) and one at -5 C (23 F) and had gimbal vibration errors at the beginning both times then it went away after some flight time. My drone is new so i haven't had a chance to try above freezing. Also for clarification its a regular Mavic Pro with the low noise props installed

Last edited:
015db31e74554cbf3a2b212f97896408.jpg
. I really would stick to originals (drone 1000:000 remember that and we will always buy originals[emoji848]

I did one flight at -20 C (-4 F) and one at -5 C (23 F) and had gimbal vibration errors at the beginning both times then it went away after some flight time. My drone is new so i haven't had a chance to try above freezing. Also for clarification its a regular Mavic Pro with the low noise props installed

I'm guessing this has something to do with the heavy weight of the cold air and the new props. Humidity may also be involved.

If anyone who has the mavic pro platinum could confirm the issue as well that would be great. Simply take off and let your mavic hover. If you notice the gimbal bouncing up and down this is the issue we are having.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the heavy weight of the cold air and the new props. Humidity may also be involved.

If anyone who has the mavic pro platinum could confirm the issue as well that would be great. Simply take off and let your mavic hover. If you notice the gimbal bouncing up and down this is the issue we are having.

I've notice on my MP with the new props, two types of vibration

1) the camera really bouncing up and down in a high frequency vibration, which the gimbal can't cancel out
2) a more passive vibration that is slightly visible and which the gimbal manages to counteract

The camera bouncing disappeared after one full powered flight, but I think the passive vibration does return from time to time.

My MPP shows neither type of vibration

Last edited:
Reactions: dport177
I too have the 8331s havnt notice any of the described issues with vibration but I will say that when i land and stop the motors my left rear prop is not straight out like the others i guess i shoukd include a picture , I will next time. so far I haven't had any issues with my except for this drift that the AC has when it's braking in sport mode .
spring time needs to hurry up and get here

I bought a set from a guy who said that they were brand new and he never used them. As soon as i put them on and started flying i got the excessive gimbal shake message. I have never got that before but didn't think twice because it was 9 degrees outside and thought that was the problem. After flying today i got the same message and decided to look here for any of the same and I hit the jackpot! The box looked DJI original so thats what i thought i was getting. I have a firmware update to do so i will do that before changing out the blades.

Update: I just did the firmware update and it made no difference with the new props. I put the original ones back on and no gimbal shake! Bad Dog!!!

Last edited:
I purchased a set of the new props from Amazon. They arrived as a pair in two different boxes. The boxes as well as the props looked to be very genuine. This is how Amazon Labeled them on line. "
2 Pairs DJI Genuine Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers for Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum, 8331 Sliver Stripes
Sold by: Uppershop
Return eligible through Jan 31, 2018
$24.99
I have flown twice with these props with no indication of vibration or any type of problem. Flight, even hovering was smooth as silk. I like them.

I bought a set from a guy who said that they were brand new and he never used them. As soon as i put them on and started flying i got the excessive gimbal shake message. I have never got that before but didn't think twice because it was 9 degrees outside and thought that was the problem. After flying today i got the same message and decided to look here for any of the same and I hit the jackpot! The box looked DJI original so thats what i thought i was getting. I have a firmware update to do so i will do that before changing out the blades.
If I did not personally know the seller, I would be a bit suspicious, box or not.

I bought a set and was surprised at how high the DJI lettering was. I filed it down and have not had a problem.

Reactions: cyclonite
I purchased a set of the new props from Amazon. They arrived as a pair in two different boxes. The boxes as well as the props looked to be very genuine. This is how Amazon Labeled them on line. "
2 Pairs DJI Genuine Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers for Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum, 8331 Sliver Stripes
Sold by: Uppershop
Return eligible through Jan 31, 2018
$24.99
I have flown twice with these props with no indication of vibration or any type of problem. Flight, even hovering was smooth as silk. I like them.
These are more expensive than the DJI Store

20180303_081758.jpg 20180303_075609.jpg
I also received OEM 8331 Props and knock off props from Amazon. The props on the left are the OEM and the props on the right are Obeka props. In the picture of the rear of my Mavic Pro the props on the right are the Obeka and on the left the OEM from DJI. The clearance from the body is much less on the knock of props on the right. The Obeka props became loose at the grip after 20 minutes of flying.
Stick with the OEM.

Reactions: drakkor
View attachment 32639 View attachment 32641
I also received OEM 8331 Props and knock off props from Amazon. The props on the left are the OEM and the props on the right are Obeka props. In the picture of the rear of my Mavic Pro the props on the right are the Obeka and on the left the OEM from DJI. The clearance from the body is much less on the knock of props on the right. The Obeka props became loose at the grip after 20 minutes of flying.
Stick with the OEM.
Thank you for those useful info. Always afraid to get knock off product when ordering genuine. Even now on Amazon.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas