DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low Noise Props on the Mavic Pro

adam3112

Reactions
Got these for Christmas and I get Abnormal Gimbal Shakes with these on initial take off and Hover and then it stops once I get flying. I might put my originals back on and suggest people avoid these (for the MP). I guess they were made with the Platinum in mind but I cant speak for the MPP.

Has anyone else had similar issues with these props?

The same happened to me. You can fix it by adjusting the gain setting.

Thanks I'll give it a watch when I get home from work.

I just hope it hasn't caused irreversible damage to the gimbal / camera or reduced it's life in some form.

Have you had any issues with yours since the gimbal's been rattled?

Thanks I'll give it a watch when I get home from work.

I just hope it hasn't caused irreversible damage to the gimbal / camera or reduced it's life in some form.

Have you had any issues with yours since the gimbal's been rattled?

Thats the problem, if you havent adjusted your gains before using the low noise props. If you start getting any gimbal motor overload error messages or unwanted vibrations in your videos after adjusting gain with the new props, switch back to the old ones and reset your settings.

Where do you find these settings ? i have these p[rops on mine and have not seen anything out of the ordinary ?
Position Menu / Advanced Settings / Gain

My MP did not have any gimbal shake after installing the MPP props until I had been using them for a while, and then it was on a windy day. I have not had a repeat after changing my gain setting to 90.

Got these for Christmas and I get Abnormal Gimbal Shakes with these on initial take off and Hover and then it stops once I get flying. I might put my originals back on and suggest people avoid these (for the MP). I guess they were made with the Platinum in mind but I cant speak for the MPP.

Has anyone else had similar issues with these props?
Check to see if they are balanced and adjust the gains. Once I did that, they were much better.

Where do you find these settings ? i have these p[rops on mine and have not seen anything out of the ordinary ?
If you don't get the gimbal shake problem when running Pro Platinum quiet prop's on your Mavic Pro - then rejoice! You don't need to make any changes or adjustments to feedback Gain.

If you don't get the gimbal shake problem when running Pro Platinum quiet prop's on your Mavic Pro - then rejoice! You don't need to make any changes or adjustments to feedback Gain.
Did you check the balance? First step as it made the greatest difference. The gains are purely to stop the oscillation or over correction of the hover.

Check to see if they are balanced and adjust the gains. Once I did that, they were much better.
They are balanced as far as I can tell? I will try adjusting the gains as per what has been suggested on my next flight.

I might need to lay low for a while whilst the whole Heathrow / Gatwick fiasco is going on :mad: but I will ensure to do this on my next outing and see if it goes away. Thumbswayup

They are balanced as far as I can tell? I will try adjusting the gains as per what has been suggested on my next flight.

I might need to lay low for a while whilst the whole Heathrow / Gatwick fiasco is going on :mad: but I will ensure to do this on my next outing and see if it goes away. Thumbswayup
That's really something. A few mischievous jerks are giving us a bad reputation and eventually more control over our hobby. Do you have a balancer? Available online from Hobbyking, Bangood, or just found on Amazon. Search for propeller balancer

That's really something. A few mischievous jerks are giving us a bad reputation and eventually more control over our hobby. Do you have a balancer? Available online from Hobbyking, Bangood, or just found on Amazon. Search for propeller balancer
Been having a look at propeller balancers on Amazon. There's one on there for £5.

I Can't say I'm familiar with them and how they work but I may invest in one if they are a necessity with the stability of the Mavic props?

I Can't say I'm familiar with them and how they work but I may invest in one if they are a necessity with the stability of the Mavic props?
You shouldn't need a prop balancer if you're using undamaged OEM DJI props.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Just a nostalgic old-fella thought ... I remember balancing prop's by putting a couple of razor blades about half an inch apart into a scrap balsa block, then putting a short dowel through the hole in the middle of the prop' and suspending it between the razor blades. When you shaved off enough of the heavy side, the prop then sat level - that was it ...
Now it probably costs less to buy the Amazon prop balancer than it does to buy a pair of razor blades!!! :D

Last edited:
You shouldn't need a prop balancer if you're using undamaged OEM DJI props.
True, but doesn't hurt to check. DJI does not sell CF props, I like to switch out between the OEM and CF sometimes for a new experience. Much more responsive with CF.
Its a personal choice and if you are building your own drones, the balancer is a must.

The props are brand new and official DJI. They do not appear damaged in any way.

I will first adjust then gains when I next go out and fly and see how we go from there.

Reactions: Gazmg
I had the same issue brand new dji 8331 props and upon take off I got a severe gimbal vibration so bad you can here it. Almost sounded like a squeaking noise. I put the orig back on and no prob. I sent them back and they sent me a new set. I just need to run over to my sons house and pick them up. Been busy with work so I haven’t had a chance to fly yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine