DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low voltage then crash

okephoto

Reactions
While flying last week my Air2s had a large battery voltage drop and then went for a forced landing fortunately on land. I haven't managed to locate the drone yet but willl try again today. I'm assuming the battery went bad during this flight? Thanks for your input

Attachments

• flight.png
    flight.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 54
Blimey that last warning message is a saga.
Did you know where the drone was when the signal was lost and did you keep watching along the line of sight to that point?
What bothers me is the "App message" "Ascending and returning to home." If the displayed voltages are correct them I doubt it could have executed an RTH but if they are not correct and it did start an RTH rather than continue the foced landing, then looking for the drone becomes more complicated and the question becomes what happened after the disconnection.

But I suspect and hope the forced landing continued until it came down in those trees. I hope the control system didn't shut the motors off whilst the drone was 'high'. But there is a chance that, if it reached 'just above' tree top level whilst still under power, the control system may have rejected the landing site and the drone hovered until the battery got really low or even shut off and then there might have been a bit of a drop into the trees.

Blimey that last warning message is a saga.
Did you know where the drone was when the signal was lost and did you keep watching along the line of sight to that point?
What bothers me is the "App message" "Ascending and returning to home." If the displayed voltages are correct them I doubt it could have executed an RTH but if they are not correct and it did start an RTH rather than continue the foced landing, then looking for the drone becomes more complicated and the question becomes what happened after the disconnection.

But I suspect and hope the forced landing continued until it came down in those trees. I hope the control system didn't shut the motors off whilst the drone was 'high'. But there is a chance that, if it reached 'just above' tree top level whilst still under power, the control system may have rejected the landing site and the drone hovered until the battery got really low or even shut off and then there might have been a bit of a drop into the trees.
Yeah, crazy stuff. The last images I saw were what looked like ground level in bushes. I'm surprised the log stops where it does as I did manage to make contact with the drone right at the end. Interestingly, I have had many episodes in the past few weeks of losing contact with the drone and having to reboot the controller. I was thinking of sending it to DJI for service but a few jobs delayed that idea.

I'll be looking for it later today!

Hello..
"The last images I saw were what looked like ground level in bushes."
You got anyway to post that?

The images I'm looking at are 2016.
The trees look like Doug Fir. The ones around my house get maybe 150'

What appears on the GE is a clear cut area to the North of the of the last log point.
Seven years, if not replanted, the Doug's would be maybe 4'.

The question after all of my long message.
Are the trees still there where the last log point is?

Rod ..

I did find the drone in the bushes of the marsh clearing. Fortunately only one propeller was damaged... I feel very fortunate as it came through trees that are perhaps 80 feet high. The battery charged properly but I'm really hesitant to use it again after the voltage drop.

Wow! you found it!
The Image I looked on GE is it fairly good at the strip though the trees?

I have some goofy ideas of what I would try, but I would rather wait for somebody else's thoughts.

Rod ..

I did find the drone in the bushes of the marsh clearing. Fortunately only one propeller was damaged... I feel very fortunate as it came through trees that are perhaps 80 feet high. The battery charged properly but I'm really hesitant to use it again after the voltage drop.
I assume a bad cell. If you try that battery just do a full time hover and watch for voltage drop. Might save for bench use but if swollen trash it.